Elton John "Don't Shoot Me..." box??

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully it randomly pops up on Tidal and/or a Blu-ray becomes available.
At least do the damn physical surround blu ray for us folks that live in the sticks. You know, us non-peoply types. :D Would sell $$ just fine! Internet speeds/bandwidth is not a priority here. And we don't see the internet improving out here at all anytime soon. But....we would live ~nowhere~ else regardless..

Attachments

• You make me sad.mp4
    1.2 MB
I'd work on it with ya ar, but we'd forever be arguing over how loud the rears should be :ROFLMAO:

AR now means "Aggressive Rears." Come on, Pups. Give me a big 🤣 . It took me over 40 hours to come up with this retort.

Actually, I was listening to one of the Elton John 5.1's yesterday. The the rears on those mixes are very aggressive.

yes, it’s sad that the old folk here are losing their hearing; there is a thread for that 👆

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/how-do-you-like-surround-mixes-to-sound.26572/

Pups, I'm ecstatic that you referenced that thread because it has the famous @marpow quote that I've been trying to find for a few years now. Post #17 per marpow:

How do you like surround mixes to sound?

Really fucking good. Is that an appropriate answer? Because everybody posted before me basically nailed the question with there (sic) answers.

AR now means "Aggressive Rears." Come on, Pups. Give me a big 🤣 . It took me over 40 hours to come up with this retort.

Actually, I was listening to one of the Elton John 5.1's yesterday. The the rears on those mixes are very aggressive.
I saw Aggressive Rears at CBGB once. I think they opened for Mink DeVille.

So Caribou is now getting the 2 LP colored vinyl Record Store Day treatment. If things follow suit from last year's Don't Shoot Me RSD release, we shouldn't hold our breath for the unreleased 5.1 being paroled from the Universal vault. :cry:

Caribou, Elton John’s fourth album to claim the top spot on the charts in the US and his third in the UK, showcases hits like “Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me” and “The Bitch Is Back.” In honor of the 50th anniversary of its release, a Record Store Day release awaits enthusiasts: a vivid double blue-sky-vinyl edition, with LP2 housing session demos and rarities.

Tracklist
SIDE A:
1. The Bitch Is Back
2. Pinky
3. Grimsby
4. Dixie Lily
5. Solar Prestige A Gammon
6. You’re So Static
SIDE B:
7. I've Seen The Saucers
8. Stinker
9. Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me
10. Ticking
SIDE C:
11. Pinball Wizard
12. The Bitch Is Back (New Radio Mix 2024)
13. Ducktail Jiver
14. Sick City
SIDE D:
15. Cold Highway
16. Stinker (Extended Version 2024)
17. Snookeroo

caribou.jpg

Back