Elton John SACDs in canada ?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MacDaddy said:
I picked up 3 EJs at Best Buy. They were marked $18.99 but came up $14.99 at the register.
On the computer at BB I saw they will be at that price till Jan 05

Guy Robinson said:
Lucky you. Went into the Ajax store just to see what they would have and they didn't disapoint. They had nothing.

that sucks..I phoned the store first to make sure they had them in for sale..

As much as we lament things here, I was in Virginia last week visiting friends - popped into a BB and there was not a single copy of any of the new EJ's or EC's..then phoned 2 other stores and same thing - not a single copy in either..

Doesn't speak well for the format..

They did have the NIN disc which was in the regular CD section - this is the way it should be done - all the EJ CD's were re-issues - they should have just made hybrid SACD's - not bother with the standard CD only, and throw em all in the CD section....

solaris said:
hey MacDaddy where did you get that great deal
I got it @ Best Buy in Sunridge, they did have several copies of each. I also asked at A&B if they would match the price because I had preorder them there, they said they could not as it was below there cost.

Had a mooch around Virgin megastore (joke title - they never stock anything useful) and HMV - saw Peachtree Road with a SACD slot - but no sign of the other 4 SACDs. You can buy them on-line from either store - but what's the point of having retail outlets when all they stock is the top 20?

Strange that play.com are not listing them yet - they are usually on the ball.

H :(
Sat 4 December

Honky Chateau and Madman ATW were released in Canada yesterday..

I saw them on display in the Burlington BB on Sunday - went to buy them and they wouldn't sell them to me, because their computer said not to sell before Dec 7..

Dropped into the Mississauga store and there were none on the shelves - they had them in the back room..

groan..

Back