Fear of a Blank Planet - The Music

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's actually based on, or better, inspired by a book called "Lunar Park". The theme doesn't connect to me either, but that always has been the case with most lyrics anyway :eek:.
I agree with a sentence from an some reviewer: "They took ingredients from Lightbulb Sun, In Absentia and Deadwing, and came up with their most cohesive album up-to-date." And I start to like the music. It took a few listens for me, just like Deadwing.

I never realized that the theme of the album was inspired by a novel (Lunar Park.) The book seems quite eerie, and gives the 'sound' of the music a bit more context. I'll recommend the novel the next time it's my turn to select a book for my book group. People will ask how I came up with that selection, and I will say, "It's my fear of a blank planet." :ROFLMAO:

Some other rock inspirations for my book group selections:

- Elmer Gantry: A Lewis Sinclair classic novel; but the choice is because Elmer Gantry sings lead on APP's Psychobabble

- In The Heart Of The Sea: Poor Owen Coffin gets eaten for dinner; but the choice was inspired by Nantucket Sleighride (To Owen Coffin)

Back