"Fleetwood Mac" (1975 S/T Album) Deluxe Edition with 5.1 surround DVD!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:yikes:banana::yikes:banana::banana::yikes:banana::yikes:banana::yikes:banana::yikes:banana::yikes:banana::yikes:banana::yikes:banana::banana::yikes:banana:

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwesome - and yes what a greeeeeeeeeat way to start the New Year :friday::brew :51banana:

Don't sugar coat it Snood, tell us how you really feel.

I want to celebrate now because within the hour the "naysayers" are going to be pounding the thread with complaints about it being a DVD....why no standalone surround disc...they don't want the vinyl..blah..blah..blah....and to the naysayers...if you didn't like Tusk or Mirage then don't waste your money on this one and save us the grief of hearing you moan and groan about how it's not what you thought it should be...instead of spending your money on this one buy some super surround title that you can really enjoy...then it's a win win situation for all of us...you are happy..and we(the people who love this music and have realistic expectations) are happy:)
You are the only one complaining so far.

I️ just looked at the track listing and I️ am excited to see many of the live tracks on disc 3 are from the Jorgensen Auditorium at the University of Connecticut, where I️ have attended many an event (both because I️ went there and 2 of my kids go there). A smallish theater with good acoustics so I’m hoping those tracks sound great.

Pre-ordered on Amazon uk!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to celebrate now because within the hour the "naysayers" are going to be pounding the thread with complaints about it being a DVD....

Complaining on the complainers ;)

Thank you everyone for alerting us on the release and links to the best priced vendors.
Going to try AmazonUK for this one. Very excited.

A much more reasonable price point than Rush's Farewell.

Now its a shame that "Tango In the Night' didn't get the surround treatment, was there ever a explanation why that one didn't get done in 5.1?

There never was an official explanation for why that box set lacked a 5.1 mix, but I feel fairly certain that if there already was a 5.1 mix done for "Tango", it would have been released in the box set, so unlike "Fleetwood Mac" and "Tusk", I don't think they are sitting on an unreleased 5.1 mix for "Tango".
Maybe they lacked all the multitrack tapes, a suitable and willing surround mixing engineer, or the time and expense to get it done in time for their desired release date.

Either way, unlike "Tango", we knew there was a 5.1 mix of both "Tusk" and "Fleetwood Mac" in the vaults, so the fact that we will now have both of them within the first few months of 2018 makes me very excited indeed!

:)

There never was an official explanation for why that box set lacked a 5.1 mix, but I feel fairly certain that if there already was a 5.1 mix done for "Tango", it would have been released in the box set, so unlike "Fleetwood Mac" and "Tusk", I don't think they are sitting on an unreleased 5.1 mix for "Tango".
Maybe they lacked all the multitrack tapes, a suitable and willing surround mixing engineer, or the time and expense to get it done in time for their desired release date.

Either way, unlike "Tango", we knew there was a 5.1 mix of both "Tusk" and "Fleetwood Mac" in the vaults, so the fact that we will now have both of them within the first few months of 2018 makes me very excited indeed!

Unlike Rush...which appears to have been the motivating factor behind the new surround mix for Farewell...I doubt the members of Fleetwood Mac asked for any surround to be included...it was just as you mentioned...it already existed...which made it an easier decision...the shame about Tango is that in it's CD form... the sound quality is excellent.....which could mean a very clean master to work with...this is the version I have on CD..

Unlike Rush...which appears to have been the motivating factor behind the new surround mix for Farewell...I doubt the members of Fleetwood Mac asked for any surround to be included...it was just as you mentioned...it already existed...which made it an easier decision

I think you're right, but hey, in this instance, the important thing is that the band did not prohibit the release of the "Fleetwood Mac" 5.1 mix, so because of people like Steve Woolard (ForagingRhino) we will have this in a few months time! It's so exciting! :)

Ordered. never ordered Tusk, didn't like it but have Mirage. Not hoping for more surround from Fleetwood Mac, SACD stereo from Peter Green thru Mystery To Me would be my preference.

Anyone who complains about this release should be shot. I bought Tusk and Mirage and removed the 5.1 and sold the rest of the box. I will do the same thing with this release.

At $53 delivered to the US from Amazon UK, that's the same price as the phantom Bridge Over Troubled Water from CD Japan. Can't beat this price for all the content! I was really concerned that we were going to have to lay out over $100 for this title.

I️ just looked at the track listing and I️ am excited to see many of the live tracks on disc 3 are from the Jorgensen Auditorium at the University of Connecticut, where I️ have attended many an event (both because I️ went there and 2 of my kids go there). A smallish theater with good acoustics so I’m hoping those tracks sound great.

Pre-ordered on Amazon uk!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a UConn alum too! Also grew up in Storrs as my dad was a UConn professor.

As luck would have it, years ago while doing some research, I stumbled across several articles in the UConn campus newspaper pertaining to this concert. The show was a double bill with Renaissance. However, all the articles stated the the performance did not take place at Jorgensen, but at UConn's field house. (I saw many basketball games in the old field house. Acoustics not as good as Jorgensen needless to say.) There were quite a few laughable things in the UConn paper. First, in the article before the concert, it mentioned that Bob Welsh had left the band and had been replaced by new guitarist Stevie Nicks and that the band had also added a new female singer, Lindsay [sic] Buckingham! (The article also referred to the Mac as an all-British band.) The review of the concert was also laughable. The critic stated that Fleetwood Mac's music was disposable because it didn't have the ability to touch people the way the music of Bob Dylan and Pete Townshend did. The reviewer went on to say that the band would never do anything of substance. (You think we should photocopy the review for him and send it along with a copy of Rumours? LOL!)

Regardless of which UConn venue it was recorded at, I'm also psyched to have a performance from my hometown & alma mater. When you look at some of the shows that they have used for these box sets it makes you wonder how many concerts they have sitting in their vaults. They seemed to be recording wherever they went. When I look at how many concerts King Crimson manage to put on one blu-ray in hi-res stereo, it makes me really want the Mac to do the same. Probably never happen, but I can dream.... Anyway, this box is a must-buy!

Well seeing as how I ordered both "Tusk" and "Mirage" from amazon.co.uk, why break the trend now, especially at that price!

I have to ask then.....how did those larger boxes arrive from UK? In a well protected outer box? :couch

And yes, it's a serious questions. I ordered this set from UK as well, but I want to know that Amazon protects their shipments coming into the US. I've never actually purchased (and kept the order) from Amazon UK....

Back