FLEETWOOD MAC TUSK DELUXE EDITION WITH 5.1 SURROUND DVD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I should clarify my original post as I wouldn't say I have a prejudice towards DVD-Audio...I'm happy to have the music released in a 5.1 mix on whatever the format may be.

And I was fortunate in that I purchased all of my DVD-Audios and SACDs back when they first came out and were "normal"/retail priced (before they went OOP and began to command higher prices).

I just have a really hard time justifying the high cost for these "Super Deluxe" sets when all I want is one disc that contains said 5.1 mix, regardless of the actual disc type, without a bunch of stuff I either don't want, don't need, and/or will never use (i.e. the vinyl).

Just my 2 cents on the matter :) .

Jon

Trust me I know how you feel...I paid $148 for aqualung just to get 1 blu ray disc....I just wanted to let people know there are options to spread out the pain(cost)if that was the problem...I don't like it any more than you do...but those are the cards we have been dealt..

Trust me I know how you feel...I paid $148 for aqualung just to get 1 blu ray disc....I just wanted to let people know there are options to spread out the pain(cost)if that was the problem...I don't like it any more than you do...but those are the cards we have been dealt..
Me too, Clint. Same experience on all fronts.

And - by they way - do you know that you have a common moniker with an outstanding cocktail?

Believe it or not my favorite song of Tusk is Walk a Thin Line. I just hope the 5.1-mix producer did justice to the waves of sound there.

Even more unbelievable my favorite song on there is "What Makes You Think You're the One"

I was thinking that, too...get someone (probably my wife) to get it for me for the holidays :) .

And maybe sell off the vinyl to someone who would actually use it...although honestly, I don't know anyone personally who is into vinyl anymore. Are there sites to offer up something like this to a vinyl collector who would want it? Or is it bad karma to split up these sets ;) ?

I'd be happy with a Blu-Ray release...the recent Tears for Fears "Songs from the Big Chair" BR release was certainly a must-have for me...and I think I read that the "Seeds of Love" is up for a BR release also soon which I will certainly pick up.

Jon

We thought that based on a comment Steven Wilson made in an interview this year that "The Seeds of Love" would indeed be released this year in surround, but now like "Roxy Music", it's a 2016 release at its earliest. Hope Springs Eternal! That album is SO GOOD! :)

We thought that based on a comment Steven Wilson made in an interview this year that "The Seeds of Love" would indeed be released this year in surround, but now like "Roxy Music", it's a 2016 release at its earliest. Hope Springs Eternal! That album is SO GOOD! :)

Yeah, Steven hasn't started remixing Seeds Of Love yet, apparently some multis still remain to be found.

I'm glad that Seeds is not released this year.
No money anymore ;)

Yeah the money thing is always an issue, but the sooner I get to hear this magnificent album in surround, the happier I'll be!
But hey, if SW actually hasn't started mixing it yet, then I can continue to wait for it cause at least I know I'm not missing out on anything yet.
The same cannot be said for albums like "Roxy Music" and "Tales from Topographic Oceans" however (I needed those yesterday!) but at least I can allocate the money for those two releases over to "Tusk" for right now and start saving again come 2016. ;)

Good news everyone! There's finally a preorder up for this new Deluxe Edition of "Tusk":
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0178JP1FY/

Bad news? Yep, it's $120 :yikes

If any of you think this is too high of a price to pay for one surround mix, I completely agree, but it's the card we have been dealt. Plus, prices do fluctuate. Watch carefully if you're interested in this.

The price will likely come down before release date. Plus Amazon has the price guarantee, so if you order it now and the price drops, you'll get the lower price. Also, at that price it qualifies for Amazon's free shipping, which will be significant on a large item like this.

Yes, I would say it's a good idea to pre-order it and then cancel if Amazon.com doesn't find religion at some time before the release. Perhaps Bull Moose or Burning Shed will come through.

Yes, I would say it's a good idea to pre-order it and then cancel if Amazon.com doesn't find religion at some time before the release. Perhaps Bull Moose or Burning Shed will come through.

I don't think Burning Shed are likely to carry this release, but Bull Moose probably will.

Well, here it is, in all its Tusky glory:
81-akbgOiPL._SL1500_.jpg

Back