Genesis 1970-1975 Nov.10/11 2008

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suspect this has more to do with Genesis and Nick Davies than record companies EMI/Virgin (who have released music in both formats possibly depending on who pays for the work ) and Warner (steadfastly DVDA). They were the people who took the money from Sony thus stopping Warner releaseing these as DVDA.

Without a doubt I would have preferred DVDA but have an SACD set Luckily becuase I am i the UK the PAL issue does not affect me. I would however have preferred to listen to teh Hi rez Lamb with the slide shows than a SACD without !!

That is inconsistent; if we'd never been able to buy them in this configuration then I could understand it. Genesis & Nick Davies or EMI/Virgin put no such restrictions on the 1st two box sets so why just the third one?

Foul play I tell you! I got my UK SACD/DVD (PAL box) yesterday and I believe I'm going to crank it way up now. :)

cd-wow.us is selling individual Genesis SACD/DVD titles for Foxtrot, Trespass and Nursery Cryme for $19.99 each. What format are the DVDs in these sets?

J. D.

I've got Sacd/dvd sets from the last bunch of reissues and they were NTSC dvd's from Hong Kong.

But remember, this is Genesis 1970-1975 and allowing fans to buy SACD/NTSC DVDs for any reasonable sum of money ($400 Japan Box) seems to be a punishable offense.

I got mine thru Amazon UK. Just checked, and the price has gone up a bit since February.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00104WHLA

HURRY! HURRY!
(No pressure, right?) <G>

Page sez they only gots one in stock ... at the moment. Just be sure to check the book and make sure your player supporst PAL. You'd need to do a dollar conversion on their price. Keep in mind they automatically deduct the VAT* (included in their online price) but for whatever reason, it doesn't show until you get your email receipt if I remember right. If it helps, the price was about 75 whatevers and my total cost was about $109 ...

Last edited:
I got mine thru Amazon UK. Just checked, and the price has gone up a bit since February.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00104WHLA

HURRY! HURRY!
(No pressure, right?) <G>

Page sez they only gots one in stock ... at the moment. Just be sure to check the book and make sure your player supporst PAL. You'd need to do a dollar conversion on their price. Keep in mind they automatically deduct the VAT* (included in their online price) but for whatever reason, it doesn't show until you get your email receipt if I remember right. If it helps, the price was about 75 whatevers and my total cost was about $109 ...

Thanks!

Well....
They won't ship to my address in the States (?)
This was going to be my 50th b-day present to myself.
Any other suggestions for this set at this price?

Thanks for the info!

I gave up trying to find this SACD set at a price I am willing to pay after looking for a couple of weeks and have ordered the CD/DVD-V set. Once again I goofed in not ordering early when it was available at more reasonable prices. I am very complimentary of Warner's efforts with surround music, my only complaint has been the fact the company won't release SACD in the US. I know it is a business decision and I just accept it. Hopefully the DVD-V set is as good as I hope it will be, if so the savings compared to the SACD set will make it a good decision.

Chris

I gave up trying to find this SACD set at a price I am willing to pay after looking for a couple of weeks and have ordered the CD/DVD-V set. Once again I goofed in not ordering early when it was available at more reasonable prices. I am very complimentary of Warner's efforts with surround music, my only complaint has been the fact the company won't release SACD in the US. I know it is a business decision and I just accept it. Hopefully the DVD-V set is as good as I hope it will be, if so the savings compared to the SACD set will make it a good decision.

Chris

The 96/24 DTS is very satisfying.

Does anyone have the Japanese version of 1970-1975? I was wondering if the docs have Japanese subtitles and if they can be turned off. I'm thinking about going for this set. I was hoping to find the Hong Kong version of the NTSC dvds (with SACDs) but can't even seem to find a record of its existence.

I have the box set from HMV Japan with the SACD's and NTSC DVD's. Everything is in English. I ordered it at the end of December last year and it was shipped in about a week. I checked in mid-January and they were unavailable on the HMV site. I might have ordered the last one!

MNSACD

Well, I received my 1970-1975 set from Hong Kong today. It's the real deal -- SACD's and NTSC dvds. Woo-hoo! Now I've got alot of listening to do! I recommend Hong Kong Records to anyone who is still looking for this version of the set. Cost me $240 USD though.

Back