Great Doors News!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
timbre4 said:
I'd have to wonder if some reductions were made for the 1st LP and some original elements remain that could be sync'd to the masters?
I doubt any reductions were done, as I believe the first album was more-or-less recorded live, with the band on two tracks (drums/organ bass on one track, guitar/organ on the other), Morrison on a third, and overdubs (either a double-tracked Morrison, or the occasional piano overdub) on the forth.

bizmopeen said:
All right! I wonder if this, along with the Moodies and Elton John, signals that the record companies are going to be doing more "classic" back catalogues. Well, I've got a no-brainer for them. It's a four-member, seven letter group, beginning with "B" and ending in "les".

You guessed it! I'm a huge Bangles fan. Bring it on...! (What, who did you think I was talking about? The Buggles?)

Hey! I'd buy the Buggles first LP on DVD-A in a hot second.
I'd buy that other band music on DVD-A in a hot second as well :banana:

svenskagroda said:
Hey! I'd buy the Buggles first LP on DVD-A in a hot second.
I'd buy that other band music on DVD-A in a hot second as well :banana:
All kidding aside, I would too. And, considering that Trevor Horn's ZTT label has been in the multichannel SACD arena already, a Buggles multichannel release isn't inconceivable, I would imagine.

As far as that other band goes...well, I think most of us would jump on that, but I'll believe it when I see it...

JonUrban said:
Any updated news on this one Eric?
I wish. The latest comment on this (several months ago) is that it will definitely be high-definition 5.1 DVD-A, as per the wishes of Bruce Botnick and the new Doors manager (whose name escapes me now), who have expressed love for the format. I think they were looking at a spring/summer 2006 release for the box set.
I can hardly wait.

Back