"Guerrilla ATMOS" recording and mixing classical music in NOLA

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Hello all...
As I mentioned in another post today, I am fortunate to have the great Sixto Franco, a Spanish viola player and composer who plays for the Louisiana Philharmonic and with other musicians here in NOLA...
I recorded a solo performance two weeks ago in Tulane and another one last week with a Cello/violin duo called "Missing Piece" from Chicago, this last one's recording in Quad came out GORGEOUS and immersive...
I am currently using what I would call NOT PRO gear (an iPhone for stereo height mics and video and an "ancient from 2007" Zoom H2 recorder for Quad, which at least lets me record in 48/24) so I would love to record it with REAL microphones and create an ATMOS array and record it in 96/24, although I know that ATMOS is only 48/24 but I am a huge believer in the "trickle down" theory.

Today there is an event at the NOLA Brewing Company in Tchopitoulas St. , I know there are a few members who live near NOLA so , just in case you feel like driving over here and enjoying an evening of great music and great beer too!

As I mentioned in another post, it's such a pity that there's so much red tape concerning Classical recordings because I am sure that more than a few of you would LOVE the immersive quality of last week's recording.

Tomorrow I will post pics of my "Guerrilla" rig...

Hope to see someone from the Forum tonight....

Back