Hiromi - "Blue Giant" movie soundtrack in Dolby Atmos to be available on Blu Ray!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Bruzonsky

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Just to be clear, this is not a music Blu-ray, but an anime film on Blu-ray with a Dolby Atmos soundtrack, which also comes with a bonus Blu-ray of additional extras and a bonus CD. That's why it is so expensive. The audio tracks are as follows:

(1) Japanese Dolby Atmos
(2) Japanese Dolby TrueHD 5.1
(3) Japanese LPCM 2.0
(4) Japanese Audio Description (Dolby Digital 2.0)

Subtitles:
Japanese SDH (subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing)

Unfortunately, I don't see anything about an isolated score or soundtrack suite. So it seems that the soundtrack is only available as a standard SHM-CD in stereo.

Last edited:
Yea I think you are right. I emailed Jonathan Cornell at Immersive Audio Albums suggesting he see if Hiromi has a Dolby Atmos soundtrack for the movie that IAA could sell as a download!

I certainly like the bit of music you can hear in the trailer:

Anime with music at it's core is some of my favorite. The plot of a musical "coming of age" in high school is common. Such as Kids on the Slope and BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad.

Thanks @Steve Bruzonsky for the heads up on this and also @McCrutchy for the clarification. I will probably take the plunge for the bundle and then consider the CD. CD Japan says the first press is already sold out even tho the release date isn't for another 3 days!!

Edit: oh I see the CD comes in the bundle. Altho that may change with a Shout Factory release.

Last edited:
Along with just about everything she's ever released I've seen Hiromi live about 4-5 times, I've lost count. Her "Place To Be" piece from the album with the same name is the theme song of a 2007 Japanese movie drama entitled "The Invitation from Cinema Orion":
https://www.amazon.co.jp/オリヲン座からの招待状-DVD-樋口可南子/dp/B0011805OG

It's kinda weird that the Atmos mix of Spectrum hasn't hit the streaming platforms yet, unlike the Blue Giant OST
1697431770514.png

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...uad-album-reissued-on-sacd.28950/#post-510104

Last edited:
Last edited:
Last edited:
Back