Hiromi - "Blue Giant" movie soundtrack in Dolby Atmos to be available on Blu Ray!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so happy. Just got a pair of tickets to see Hiromi with her sonic. Wonder band at the Phoenix Musical Instrument Museum in mid April!
NICE! I'm slated to see her in April at Evanston's SPACE
Screenshot 2024-02-11 at 1.42.03 PM.png

Mine is on the way, as I just bought the Japanese version from a member of this forum! I cancelled my Amazon US order!
Be aware the Japanese Blue Giant Special Edition release, 2xBR+CD (cat# TBR33257D), is entirely in Japanese. There are no English menus or English subtitles. The Google Translate App will come in handy for real-time translation.

Last edited:
This is great to have the standalone, I just ordered via Amazon.
I put in my cart the big box from CDJapan at $72.00, so that cart is now emptied.

Thant was the point of my post to Steve.
Yes. Since I didn’t realize that by the time I paid for and got the Japanese Blu-ray, I found, indeed is in Japanese with no English subtitles it would’ve been nice if the seller had warned me in his ad on the forum. But on the other hand, I started the thread about it at this forum and never thought of checking whether it had English or English subtitles. So my bad!

Thank you yes sir & reading @Steve Bruzonsky post about free shipping I went back to my Amazon pre-order cart for Blue Giant. I canceled it, re-ordered along with Makoto Shinkai's
Suzume film. Shinkai makes adult thought provoking anime that still moves at a great clip & never fails to entertain. Free shipping over $35 on Amazon. So thank you good friends (who I shall call enablers) to save about $8 on shipping I spent another $30 on media.

Well worth it.

Thank you yes sir & reading @Steve Bruzonsky post about free shipping I went back to my Amazon pre-order cart for Blue Giant. I canceled it, re-ordered along with Makoto Shinkai's
Suzume film. Shinkai makes adult thought provoking anime that still moves at a great clip & never fails to entertain. Free shipping over $35 on Amazon. So thank you good friends (who I shall call enablers) to save about $8 on shipping I spent another $30 on media.

Well worth it.
And I further spared you, SW, from taking a Berlitz course in Japanese as the Japanese version has NO English subtitles!

Furthermore, I could not imagine you speaking Japanese anyway...especially with that Midwestern drawl!

Last edited:
And I further spared you, SW, from taking a Berlitz course in Japanese as the Japanese version has NO English subtitles!

Loving me some CD Japan or Yes Asia but never thought of ordering these from those sources. However in the early days of Blu-ray and anime I ordered several anime series/movies with various English sub/dubs but with all Japanese (very) complicated menus. Whew! Pour me another sake!

Last edited:
Loving me some CD Japan or Yes Asia but never thought of ordering these from those sources. However in the early days of Blu-ray and anime I ordered several with various English sub/dubs but with all Japanese (very) complicated menus. Whew! Pour me another sake!
And for saké's sake, SW, wouldn't it be erstwhile for Hiromi's label Telarc/UMG to put out a BD~A Atmos version of her soundtrack for THE BLUE GIANT?

I'll drink to THAT! ⛩️

Furthermore, I could not imagine you speaking Japanese anyway...especially with that Midwestern drawl!
My older daughter bought me a Berlitz Japanese course on, like, 10 CD's 20 years ago. Never opened it. Now my elderly female 1st gen German neighbor PHD has offered to teach me Japanese...., she speaks 9 languages. I was always concerned if I went to Japan I would have a German accent while speaking Japanese. My mind boggles so I declined.

Be aware the Japanese Blue Giant Special Edition release, 2xBR+CD (cat# TBR33257D), is entirely in Japanese. There are no English menus or English subtitles. The Google Translate App will come in handy for real-time translation.
Or, you can rip your copy to a MKV and then download free subtitles. I did a quick search and found some. It worked great using VLC to play the movie.

Back