I want to build my own hardware dts or dd encoder.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First, welcome to the wonderful world of quadraphonic sound reproduction. In this forum you will find knowledgeable people on a varity of subjects, such as your question on how to build your encoder.

I unfortunately cannot give you any details on how to build such an encoder due to my ignorance of the subject, but I am willing to bet that some other forum members will step in with constructive inputs which will help you to attain your goal.

Again, welcome to the quadraphonicquad forum.

MTGC
Michael

Aren't those formats digital? A hardware decoder will be inpossible. You need software processing. I think it's almost impossible to do it yourself.
Anyway - what do you need to know to start? Well, start by searching on the internet for DD or DTS specifications.

Aren't those formats digital? A hardware decoder will be inpossible. You need software processing. I think it's almost impossible to do it yourself.
Anyway - what do you need to know to start? Well, start by searching on the internet for DD or DTS specifications.
I shouldn't be the first one to do this. There should be no need to start from the get-go.

Allright - if someone else has done it before, it's probably easy to find using google, because it's mostly software and software engineers usually have websites. Good luck!

I'm not angry or something, but it's mildly irritating if you don't give any information about your experience with hardware and software, and the information you have found yourself. How can we know what information you need? I could begin telling things you can find on Wikipedia, but maybe you already have that knowledge and you can't use anything i'd write.
Maybe you have designed A/D converters earlier and i'm telling you things you already know. How should we know?

'what do i need to build a DTS encoder' is kind of the same question as 'how do i build a car'. It would take a series of large books to explain how to build a car. It would be better to ask 'how do i make a suitable suspension for this middle class car i'm building myself'

If you'd ask something like ''how do i build a suitable pre-amplifier with anti-aliasing filter for use in digital circuits with 48khz sampling rate' or 'what is the best open-source codec for DTS', it's much easier to help with tips & tricks for design and construction.

Last edited:
Back