Importcds.com - Any good?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pat bateman

QQ Supporter
They have the lowest price for the new Porcupine Tree album by a pretty decent margin - nobody else is selling it for less than $80 USD-ish. However, their website looks like it was built in 1995, so im a bit nervous purchasing something that by the time it comes out, I wouldn't be able to do a chargeback on my credit card. Does anyone successfully use this site for pre-orders? Thanks!

https://www.importcds.com/closure-continuation/194399569726

I have used them a bunch of times and never had any real problems. Their shipping is on the slow side, It can take up to 10 days after release date before you receive your item. I have never had to contact their customer service, but I have seen posts from people who have who say that their customer service is not that friendly. Other than that they are pretty reliable.

I've used them several times and never had any problems. I returned an item once for a refund. It took jumping through a few hoops, but I finally got the refund.

I buy from them all the time. Never a problem. But I have read that the customer service is slow if there is a problem. But they do sort it out eventually.

I’ve never had any problems with them, although I’ve never returned anything. As stated above, you won’t get the product until some time after the release date.

The only real issue has been with the shipping services that they use. One item took 18 days to get to me after they shipped it out...blame COVID yet again. Import CDs and Deep Discount are affiliated companies. So check The Walmart site. You might be able to get the item for the same price or a dollar more, but the all-in shipping time may be faster. I.e. FedEx vs media Mail.

As mentioned above, if you are in a hurry, importCDs should not be your go-to. I have had no issues with them and I buy from them way more than I should. I have had 2 returns due to media issues and zero hassle.

I've purchased a LOT from importCD. Since the pandemic, they have gotten considerably slower in getting the actual purchase to my doorstep. They have a habit (as do some others, honestly) of immediately sending you an email saying it has shipped....only that is not often the truth. Truth is, they purchased a shipping label and the damn box is sitting in the warehouse waiting for who knows what. Though, they "nearly always" have the lowest price. I have dealt with their customer service, and never found them slow to respond, etc. I will continue to use them when prices are noticeably lower.

Just to say what most of us know, importCD and Deep Discount and Popmarket are all owned by the same mothership. If that matters to anyone....

I've bought dozens of times from them, but I buy from their ebay store, not their website. Never had any problem with shipping speed or anything else.

I'll join the chorus: many purchases over the years, no problems. They're not fly-by-night. I've always found the shipping times reasonable, but I'm also never in a hurry. Occasionally their sister site DeepDiscount will have the same item for a dollar or two cheaper once shipping and any currently applicable discounts are factored in. Be aware that if you return an item for any reason other than defective merchandise, you pay the return shipping. And once they email you a shipping notice, it's too late to cancel an order, even if the item hasn't actually left the warehouse.

I have ordered from them once recently, a pretty good pile of discs and the transaction went smoothly. No return wanted and not concerned about how long it took.

I occasionally order from them. Maybe 10 times so far. I echo that they are OK.
Only had one issue where I preordered and they never got their allotment. Can’t really blame them on that one.

I've ordered hundreds of discs from ImportCDs and Deep Discount over the years directly from their sites (sometimes you can get a better price buying through their eBay accounts.) Never had a serious problem with either seller, and ImportCDs almost always has the best price you can find.

The last few times I've tried to order from these jackholes they just cancelled it a month or 2 later saying they couldn't get it. I think their gig is offering a lower than reality price to get interest free small loans from random people. I no longer believe this is a legitimate business.

The last few times I've tried to order from these jackholes they just cancelled it a month or 2 later saying they couldn't get it. I think their gig is offering a lower than reality price to get interest free small loans from random people. I no longer believe this is a legitimate business.

You don't like them, fair enough. I like LaserCD prices but the owner is dickhead so I don't shop there anymore. However $34 million in revenue disagrees with you about their legitimacy.

I don't like or dislike them. Of course I know correlation doesn't equal causation. It just looks like it is all. And this was the last 4 times in a row or something! I'm a cheap bastard so I'll likely try again one day too!

Just a frustrated response from me.
This?! Again?! I fell for this again?!

I think the last one was Tull Benefit. I ended up spending the $35 on Montreux Summit vols 1&2 vinyl on Ebay instead and downloading that concert video from somewhere else. Got to be quicker than that to grab money from jerks like me!

Probably the best prices, and it is good until it is not. I’ve had a few issues where they poorly packed two box sets on two separate orders and there was damage. I had to do all the legwork on my end for them to remedy the situation and it was slow since they only communicate via email and they sometimes do not respond for a day or so.

I've ordered records from their ebay Store quite a few times with no problems, however on a few reddit vinyl boards there's lots of horror stories with getting the wrong item and customer service just clamming up.

Their packaging definitely is... interesting. Most of the time my records arrive in a weird vaccum sealed cardboard mailer, with like a good two inches of floppy cardboard that was glued together around the product. None of my items have arrived damaged however, seems like I just got lucky

Back