Importcds.com - Any good?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you figured out a way to search for multichannel stuff only on Import CDs? (Or any of the others mentioned?) I've tried "surround," "multichannel," "multichannel/stereo" which some discs are marked, etc. I can't seem to find an easy way to search them out. :unsure:

I have used Import CDs for approx 15 orders over the last 2 years and more orders further back in time. I have been generally happy with them, though I am not a person who needs a new release on or before the release date. When a new disc shows up, I convert it to FLAC and then listen to it when I get the chance, and there is lots of new material to choose from. They have been impacted by Covid it appears, due to the gap between the release date and the arrival date has gotten longer since March 2020. I have had to return some items, and that has gone OK.

One item I would note for the group is that I received an empty box in the mail for a order of Al Stewart / Time Passages near the release date. That caused me to get that item from another source. Import CDs eventually mailed me the actual item a number of months later, which I returned to them for a refund. There was never any explanation from them about how an empty box was mailed out to a customer.

I’ve been using them frequently and never had a problem. I agree their packaging is “weird” for lack of a better word, the cardboard on the inside has a strange stickiness to it, but everything I’ve ordered has arrived undamaged. They usually have the best price on Amazon as well. It takes about a week for shipping to Canada, which is perfectly acceptable to me.

They have the lowest price for the new Porcupine Tree album by a pretty decent margin - nobody else is selling it for less than $80 USD-ish. However, their website looks like it was built in 1995, so im a bit nervous purchasing something that by the time it comes out, I wouldn't be able to do a chargeback on my credit card. Does anyone successfully use this site for pre-orders? Thanks!

https://www.importcds.com/closure-continuation/194399569726
Yes, many times. Sometimes you have to wait on new releases, but eventually they arrive. Also, their return policy is a bit convoluted (nothing like Amazon). I have the upcoming PT release preordered there.

I ordered van der graaf cd dvd combos of 3 albums and they came in that thick cardboard thing best buy uses and the slip covers were damaged a little other then that they were fine. Took a really long time to respond to me though asking about my order.. since they sent it 2 and 1 instead of all 3. But eventually got back to me.

Back