INVOLVE SQ - IS COMING

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello all.

Quick update. I've programmed and tested up the first batch of SQ units, modified the fronts of the cases with the stickers, printed new serial stickers and barcodes, written the manual addendum and thank-you.
The assembly and packing will happen tomorrow, and shipping will begin from then.

Just thought you'd like to know. I'm rather looking forward to saying "We're shipping"

~David.

Well I received the 1st decoder
Surround Master SQ Edition
From now on I will call it S/M SQS or (Save Our Sounds)
If you already own a QSD1 and a TATE decoder you will not be as
suprised at the decoding but if you don't
You are in for a exciting time playing all the mouldy oldies from the 70s
I will be playing with it over the next few days trying out any tracks that
may give trouble to the SQ decoding I can switch back and forth to the TATE to test things
I will be looking forward to hearing from others when they get there units

may give trouble to the SQ decoding I can switch back and forth to the TATE to test things

Try Buddy Rich – Live on King Street, San Francisco. The last SQ album, mastered explicitly with the TATE in mind.

I'm terribly late on this
Been away for about 3 years from quad things (and forum too). I tried to read as much as I can but I got lost somewhere...

Few question for you guys: knowing this is a piece of hardware is it already available?
If so someone PM me with details about the whole thing.

I'm so excited that in a few years now we were able to do a "simple" AA script decoding and get to this product.

My congratulations are for you guys who worked on this SQ/QS revival decoding stuff.

I love you all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been away for about 3 years from quad things (and forum too). I tried to read as much as I can but I got lost somewhere...

Few question for you guys: knowing this is a piece of hardware is it already available?

I'm so excited that in a few years now we were able to do a "simple" AA script decoding and get to this product.

My congratulations are for you guys who worked on this SQ/QS revival decoding stuff.

I love you all.

Three years away from quad things? Thats too long!

Actually you have the amazing luck of coming in right as this company is about to start shipping the version that decodes both QS and SQ, without having to deal with the suspense, waiting and drama leading up to it.

Could you possibly snap a picture of it looks like with the sticker modification?

Mine is on the way back to Oz. FWIW, 1st class from the US was $22.30. That's for the original shipping boxes, minus the power supply, RCA cables and manual.

Three years away from quad things? Thats too long!

Actually you have the amazing luck of coming in right as this company is about to start shipping the version that decodes both QS and SQ, without having to deal with the suspense, waiting and drama leading up to it.

I know, in meantime I started a new rock blues trio which got almost the whole spare time apart from my full time job. No more hobbies for a while. I now live in a new apartment so I start to put everything in its own place. Still building my quad system again, I made a quad patch bay but I bought a new one. Things didn't really stopped, I just didn't have time. Mea culpa.

Hi Lucanu

For details of the surround master please go to our website http://www.involveaudio.com

For the special QQ forum SQ/QS version order the SQ version please go to a "hidden" page of our web site (so only qq members know)

http://www.involveaudio.com/products/surround-master-sq-edition

Regards

Chucky

I love you all.

Does the SQ/QS version use the same scripts to synthesize quad from 2 channel sources as the regular Surround Master?

Yes the only thing different is the
TSS has been taken out and SQ has taken it's place
the synthesize part that is called INVOLVE (QS) is still intact

It looks the same as in the Picture
only they have SQ Involve
instead of 2CH 4CH

Dear all. Guess what I was doing today? Printing manual addendum, thank you notes, assembling and retesting units, assembling boxes, heatshrinking cable sets and boxes, adding serial numbers, wrapping and packing. Considering I wrote the code and programmed and initially tested the boards, this first batch very much feels like my little baby. :) Eek, I hope you like it after all that. I took over the rest from the production dept., partly to speed it up, and partly to make sure the first lot are correct.
Tomorrow I'll be assigning units to orders and you should receive a shipping notice for your preorder in your emails either tomorrow or Monday.
Whew. Time for a cup of tea and a lie down. Thanks for your patience over the last month or so, I know we went over our projected development time.
If you've opted for / ordered the chip only upgrade, I'll be programming that tomorrow and hopefully sending it out at the same time.

~David.

Hi All

I had a fun session with "Rustyandi" yesterday in his "man cave" where we did a bundle of vectorscope video's of the SQ Surround Master. Unfortunately Nathan was on other missions and could not attend with his multi thousand dollar whiz bang Cannon camera, instead I used my HTC ONE SV phone camera taped to a camera stand. So I apologise for the blurred, grainy image complete with a "glare" X mark......please ignore it and look at the actual picture.

The first set of vectorscope video's is the classic pink floyd DSOTM - Money track/ vinyl/ SQ. We compare the Surround Master with the Tate decoder. The most obvious observation I can see is on the last cash register Cha ching the Surround Master places it clearly left rear whereas the Tate places it in the center of the room (slightly forward). From the discrete Parsons version it was intended to be left rear I can only assume this was how it was intended to be recorded in the SQ version.

Additionally I observe more loops on more complicated passages. This is the result of the tri band decoding where the Surround Master can steer different frequency bands into different directions where the Tate is limited to one direction.

Tomorrow I hope to post 2 more comparisons

please follow this link:

https://vimeo.com/71959530

Regards

Chucky

Back