Jethro Tull Stand Up Elevated Edition 5.1 (2016)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine from Bull MOOSE TODAY in great condition ! once again thank you Steven Wilson for your fantastic work on the TULL sets! The mix is great my only gripe is that i feel the lead vocal could have been brought up a bit? overall very thankful for another TULL CLASSIC !

I just finished listening to the Steve Wilson DTS 5.1 remix of Stand Up in its entirety. WOW.....No, Double WOW. I cranked it up to 77 on my Meridian pre/pro and was astounded at the total lack of any hiss. And the addition of 'Associated Recordings' Living in the Past, Driving Song and Bourée [previously unreleased Morgan version] was the icing on the cake. I am now playing the remastered MLP Stereo 96/24 version. What can I say?

A SOLID 10 from me.

To reiterate, the packaging with the 'stand up' bandmates upon opening the book is brilliant, IMO and for $21 and change DELIVERED......should be a model to ALL reissue companies (MoFi included) who charge more than that for an SACD Stereo reissue in chintzy packaging. On a number of new SACD reissues, MoFi doesn't even include liner notes........what's THAT all about? (n)

Mine has just been delivered :D.

But I haven't even had time to read all of the book with the Aqualung Adapted edition yet :steering:

And if you really want to blow your customers away include a lossless surround mix!

Yes! So true! If I HAD to choose between the books or all lossless audio, I would definitely take the latter, and the XTC and Yes releases are proof that it can be done!
Still, besides that, it's hard to find fault with this new "Stand Up" set. :)

They really oughta consider releasing Blurays containing lossless surround mixes in the future, even if they were separate thus CD's not required. ;-)

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

They really oughta consider releasing Blurays containing lossless surround mixes in the future, even if they were separate thus CD's not required. ;-)

I feel like we have been telling them that since 2012, but they just don't care. They have their formula for a completely successful release (in their minds) and they are sticking with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel like we have been telling them that since 2012, but they just don't care. They have their formula for a completely successful release (in their minds) and they are sticking with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The thought seems to be that 96/24 is good enough for this music. All comparisons seem to lead right back to DVD. Blu-ray & SACD are deemed unnecessary.

Best compare the blu-ray to the DVD for Aqualung quad. - I prefer the blu-ray when it works.

Got mine from Bull MOOSE TODAY in great condition ! once again thank you Steven Wilson for your fantastic work on the TULL sets! The mix is great my only gripe is that i feel the lead vocal could have been brought up a bit? overall very thankful for another TULL CLASSIC !

After several listens ........ i am very pleased with the mix ! proper volume always helps !

The thought seems to be that 96/24 is good enough for this music. All comparisons seem to lead right back to DVD. Blu-ray & SACD are deemed unnecessary.

Best compare the blu-ray to the DVD for Aqualung quad. - I prefer the blu-ray when it works.

96/24 is good enough. That's not the issue. It's that lossy is not the best format.

The cynic in me half expects standalone Blu-rays to be released once all the box sets are completed and out of print.

The cynic in me half expects standalone Blu-rays to be released once all the box sets are completed and out of print.

I was thinking the same. This way we could replace the LOSSY DVD~Vs in those sumptious boxsets with the BD~A/V and call it a day! Would gladly 'double dip' if that was the case.

I wouldn't mind either way as chances are I'll still pick them up and possibly replace each of the DVD's with the Bluray disc lol. ;)

Managed to get one of the only 5 available in Melbourne on the weekend at JB HiFi
I hope to give it a listen soon
It's been raining Pink Floyd all past week as you can imagine

I think it makes perfect sense to have a stand alone Hi-res Blu-ray of each album. All of the current book sets are a limited run with many already sold out, which sort of proves there is demand for the 5.1 mixes. The SW stereo mixes all seem to get released as single CD's, HD downloads and in most cases vinyl shortly after the book sets come out, so the stereo mixes are available to anyone, the 5.1 and extras are not. All I would ask is that the audio is Hi-Res lossless and they include ALL of the audio AND video content from the book packages on the one disc, they don't even need an extensive booklet, just please don't do 'Blu-ray Audio' and miss off the video! ...and feel free to add any period live shows (audio or video) to encourage me to double dip! ;-)

Back