Jethro Tull - 'Stormwatch 40th Anniversary Force 10 Edition'

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can change country and language in the settings of the Amazon app on a smart phone. I do it all the time. Germany does have an English option.
Otherwise, you can translate the web pages in Chrome pretty easily. The translate button is up in the right of the address bar.

Excellent, I may have to bite the bullet and pay a few extra £££ for this, I don't think I can wait another month for my Tull fix!

I went ahead and ordered from importcds. They have a good price and looks like it's in stock. I may keep the amazon.uk order for now and have another copy to sit on for a few years. It's not like these sets ever go down in value....

My AmazonUk delivery is delayed too. But I preordered so early I got a great price. Im willing to wait but wondering why I didn't get a copy shipped because I ordered so early. If Warners didn't supply enough copies I cant blame amazon for that.
its not like I have nothing else to listen to......anybody care for another spin of Abbey Road?

FUBAR!!! :eek:
Amazon slices and dices; their sloppy categories / descriptions are too often screwed up - I’ve received my share of RBCDs vs the SACDs that they were supposed to be! And the parley for reparations can be a big PITA.

I may follow @ctoelle and order another copy elsewhere; I don't care about the CDs!!!

Well Snood just got this from Burning Shed grrrrrrrr :rolleyes:

Hi

Thanks for your order for Jethro Tull – Stormwatch (The 40th Anniversary Force 10 Edition)

We are sorry to say that due to a mistake by Warners there was not enough stock left to supply all of the UK and Irish independent shops who wanted copies.

(To be clear, we placed our order with Warners four weeks in advance so they were aware how many copies we needed. Normally, these arrive about a week ahead of the release date so that we can start packing).

As a result of the error, the UK/Ireland release date has been put back to 15th November 2019 while they make some more copies. The 18th October remains as release date for everywhere else outside UK/Ireland.

We apologise for any inconvenience and appreciate that this will be very frustrating for you, especially as the majority of you are outside the UK and Ireland.

All we can do is ask for your patience. You will still get an exclusive postcard and 500 lucky orders will receive a card signed by Ian Anderson.

By way of an apology we will be including an extra, exclusive Jethro Tull gift in your order.

Once again, we’re sorry for the situation, all of which is beyond our control.

Kind Regards

Pete

Well Snood just got this from Burning Shed grrrrrrrr :rolleyes:

Hi

Thanks for your order for Jethro Tull – Stormwatch (The 40th Anniversary Force 10 Edition)

We are sorry to say that due to a mistake by Warners there was not enough stock left to supply all of the UK and Irish independent shops who wanted copies.

(To be clear, we placed our order with Warners four weeks in advance so they were aware how many copies we needed. Normally, these arrive about a week ahead of the release date so that we can start packing).

As a result of the error, the UK/Ireland release date has been put back to 15th November 2019 while they make some more copies. The 18th October remains as release date for everywhere else outside UK/Ireland.

We apologise for any inconvenience and appreciate that this will be very frustrating for you, especially as the majority of you are outside the UK and Ireland.

All we can do is ask for your patience. You will still get an exclusive postcard and 500 lucky orders will receive a card signed by Ian Anderson.

By way of an apology we will be including an extra, exclusive Jethro Tull gift in your order.

Once again, we’re sorry for the situation, all of which is beyond our control.

Kind Regards

Pete

It is a total f up Snoody

And Amazon have compounded the problem with their stupid actions.

Got this message in late yesterday:

Hello,

Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:

Jethro Tull "Stormwatch (The 40th Anniversary Force 10 Edition)"
Estimated arrival date: November 25 2019 - November 29 2019

One of our aims is to provide a convenient and efficient service but in this case, we've fallen short. Please accept our sincere apologies.

If the order won't arrive by the time you need it, you can cancel the order or an individual item from your order by visiting Your Account, and viewing the order details. As long as the item hasn't entered the dispatch process, you'll be able to cancel it.
We hope to see you again soon.

That's all fine and good (I don't actually mind that the date's been pushed back; but the mistaken format is B.S.)
I checked my order and it now says it is the CD set.

I cancelled my order; now where are the best prices on the DVD set???

That's all fine and good (I don't actually mind that the date's been pushed back; but the mistaken format is B.S.)
I checked my order and it now says it is the CD set.
I cancelled my order; now where are the best prices on the DVD set???

There is no 40th anniversary CD set. Its all the same set. Amazon is way off the mark on this release.

As I have constantly pointed out to them....still waiting for their response to my latest comments.
Someone has f'd up..and now they need to undo the mess...without losing face, I suspect.
I doubt you'll get the response you want, I just called them about it and asked them if they could fulfil it from Amazon.de instead but they can't. They offered me a £5 gift voucher for the inconvenience which is something. I think I'm going to wait until it says in stock at Amazon.de and try ordering it from them...

If importcds puts out a discount code soon I'll probably bite. They are about 15% higher than the Amazon UK price, right now, though.
Wondering just how quickly these Tull sets usually sell out (haven't pulled the trigger yet); AFIK you can still get Heavy Horses New Shoes ED. for around $29?

Back