John Denver: The RCA Albums Collection (25 CD's)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
John Denver preorder: importCD's - $94.15

Product Notes​

"Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy," goes one of John Denver's most well-known songs. "Sunshine" touches on many of the themes most important to the singer-songwriter: nature, love, beauty. Throughout the course of a career sadly cut short when he perished in a plane crash in 1997 aged just 53, Denver revisited these themes over and over again, using his pure, crystalline tone to bring comfort and spread a message of peace. With his boyish good looks, gentle voice and enthusiasm for music and nature, he was one of the preeminent pop voices of the 1970s, incorporating folk and country influences into his popular material. He was selling millions of albums to a devoted fan base. He was quick to recognize talent: he covered songs by Jerry Jeff Walker (including Mr Bojangles), James Taylor and John Prine, and forged a partnership with writer Joe Henry. Included in this "RCA Albums Collection" are his many gold and platinum-selling LPs including "Poems, Prayers and Promises" (with the hits Take Me Home, Country Roads and Sunshine on My Shoulders), "Rocky Mountain High" and "Windsong" (with Annie's Song and I'm Sorry) as well as later forays into country and pop, all of which contain hidden gems worthy of deeper investigation. The most complete Denver package. It contains 24 original albums released between 1969 and 1986, plus Denver's rare privately pressed 1966 LP, "John Denver Sings". Each individual album is packaged in a replica wallet from the album's original cover art.

Back