King Crimson - Heaven & Earth box set (18CD / 4 BD-A / 2 DVD-A)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a ton of friendly, helpful and insiteful posts on this site, but I have to say César gets it!
What are you doing posting pictures of the box? Shut down all your devices and listen to the surround mixes! And then switch them on and post a review!

There is a ton of friendly, helpful and insiteful posts on this site, but I have to say César gets it!
Haha, sorry about this one, I'm anxious to get the box. Did anybody send their tour memories to Sid Smith? I did for San Sebastian gig in 2000 together with a scan of the ticket stub, but never got a reply from him. I wonder if my review will get printed in the box, it'll mean really a lot to me.

Soooooooooo.......
I will only tell you my opinions about „The Power to believe“ as I heard it three times now.
I can report that the surround mix is now my second favorite after Discipline, as for the „new“ KC albums.

This mix has such power when you crank it and it is very immersive and discreete.

I am very glad that David did the surround mix. Not that Steven Wilson would not have done a good mix, but sometimes it is a good move to change people on a mission.
David did a glorious job here.
Such a dynamic powerful thing!
You all will love it! I guarantee!

Thanks for the first review! I knew I didn't make a mistake ordering PTB. The Germans are always the first to have the goodies... I should expect this not before the end of the month of June

Soooooooooo.......
I will only tell you my opinions about „The Power to believe“ as I heard it three times now.
I can report that the surround mix is now my second favorite after Discipline, as for the „new“ KC albums.

This mix has such power when you crank it and it is very immersive and discreete.

I am very glad that David did the surround mix. Not that Steven Wilson would not have done a good mix, but sometimes it is a good move to change people on a mission.
David did a glorious job here.
Such a dynamic powerful thing!
You all will love it! I guarantee!
Thank you so much for the review, I must confess I was a bit afraid of David's mixes as I did not like his last two mixes for the KC concerts. But his work on the Vicar's record was excellent.
What about Construktion? Did you give it a try already?

Thank you so much for the review, I must confess I was a bit afraid of David's mixes as I did not like his last two mixes for the KC concerts. But his work on the Vicar's record was excellent.
What about Construktion? Did you give it a try already?
Yes I heard it, but only one time. So too early to write anything about. I‘m stuck with the Power right now. :)

I‘m stuck with the Power right now. :)

I've always felt that Power to Believe is a very underrated album. It's my favorite of the post-80's albums. "Dangerous Curves" is such a cool instrumental, I love the way it builds. I always thought that "Happy With What You Have" and "Facts of Life" could have been popular on modern rock radio if that format didn't have a bias against playing music from legacy bands. Both tunes kick some serious butt.

I've always felt that Power to Believe is a very underrated album. It's my favorite of the post-80's albums. "Dangerous Curves" is such a cool instrumental, I love the way it builds. I always thought that "Happy With What You Have" and "Facts of Life" could have been popular on modern rock radio if that format didn't have a bias against playing music from legacy bands. Both tunes kick some serious butt.
Yep, also my favorite!

Here's the back cover of the box set:
A1VgnwdY24L._SL1500_.jpg

Polls for both "The ReconstruKction of Light" and "The Power to Believe" are coming very soon!

:)

Do you think he will be doing more work on surround titles that we may be interested in?

Only thing on queue that I know of for this year is the 50th anniversary box set for "In the Court of the Crimson King", which has been remixed (again) by Steven Wilson.
Besides that, I think any other projects or releases will only be looked at once that set is complete and released.

When you listen to P2 Live @ Newport Music Hall, Columbus, OH on Disc 22; during Dinosaur just close your eyes and picture Robert off to the side raising his hands Power Metal style and enjoy it. It was surreal.
Also a hoot was Adrian bringing down his sticks Bonhom style and getting the cutest little beat ... electronic drums and what not.

When you listen to P2 Live @ Newport Music Hall, Columbus, OH on Disc 22; during Dinosaur just close your eyes and picture Robert off to the side raising his hands Power Metal style and enjoy it. It was surreal.
Also a hoot was Adrian bringing down his sticks Bonhom style and getting the cutest little beat ... electronic drums and what not.

During the New Haven 2003 concert, someone threw a red satin bra on the stage. When the band came out for the encore, Fripp held a Crimson lyric trivia quiz and gave the bra away as the grand prize!

Back