King Crimson in 5.1?!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate ABBA! Steven,
Apparently SW has an much broader taste in music then most of us (It has been no secret that he likes ABBA, he even recorded one of their songs as cover version). Why should he only listen to electronic music and metal bands?

One has to admit that ABBA's music was often much more innovative in terms of harmonies and arrangements than that of many other mainstream artists. I used to hate them too, when I was a teenager. It was the music my parents listened to. Moreover quite unavoidable, since I grew up in Sweden. But with the years I've overcome that. If the early ABBA albums ever happened to be released in high-resolution surround, I'd actually get them [blush]

Apparently SW has an much broader taste in music then most of us (It has been no secret that he likes ABBA, he even recorded one of their songs as cover version). Why should he only listen to electronic music and metal bands?

You took a section of my post out of context and it looks worse than it was. I really don't give a shit what he listens to. Just as I don't give a shit what people think of what I listen to.

One has to admit that ABBA's music was often much more innovative in terms of harmonies and arrangements than that of many other mainstream artists. I used to hate them too, when I was a teenager. It was the music my parents listened to. Moreover quite unavoidable, since I grew up in Sweden. But with the years I've overcome that. If the early ABBA albums ever happened to be released in high-resolution surround, I'd actually get them [blush]

There are 2 bands that even if you tied battery cables to my nuts I would still refuse to listen to. Abba and The Carpenters. I simply don't like them. If others do, go nuts.....play them while you do Tai Bo for all I care!

Back on topic now... ;-)

Fripp's latest diary entries (June 26) have him at Super Audio Mastering and declaring Court and Lizard "done"

Only the STEREO content is mastered at SAM.

Good to know, Neil. There are rumors flying around "other places" (SHF, AVS, SACD.NET) that these were being changed to SACD. To get surround to the most people, DVD-A is a much better choice.

Good to know, Neil. There are rumors flying around "other places" (SHF, AVS, SACD.NET) that these were being changed to SACD. To get surround to the most people, DVD-A is a much better choice.

Gee, I wonder who started that rumour!:rolleyes:

I will be happy with SACD or DVD-Audio. I haven't bought a disc in either one of these formats for so long that I tend to forget that they are even still around.

These.
Will.
Be.
DVD-A.

End of story.

Anyone that thinks otherwise is too busy pulling their pud over SACD's.

Back