King Crimson in 5.1?!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And Discipline...?

Beat and Islands are the ones in this slate that I am least interested in. So maybe it's a smart move to get those of us with that inclination to buy them all the same, lest we, should we have bought the others first, not decide that we are content without them.

But who am I kidding, I said I wouldn't buy Lizard, didn't I? :D

Very tempting indeed, I surely could use a few t-shirts for the upcoming playa season. But the steady stream of packs arriving by mail is starting to draw female unit's attention... :rolleyes:

But the steady stream of packs arriving by mail is starting to draw female unit's attention... :rolleyes:

The other days I was about to order ITCOCK from amazon & my wife recognized & claimed "I have seen that CD" (who can forget that cover) & persuaded me not to buy again...I listened to her for now but I have to buy it again (4th time) because it is one of my all time fav...(y)

I like reading this thread.
Basically - without giving too much away - we were pretty much done with ITWOP and ready to test it out.
Then there was a decision to include yet more content, and switch the running orders around a little on the extras.
It will all make sense when you see it.
This meant, however, that all work had to be scrapped, menus, transitions, audio streams - the whole lot had to go.
Completely starting over on this one - but all for the best possible reasons

In the meantime, we are working on Islands right now.

LTIA in 5.1 is going to pin people to the wall when the full band comes in! To me that's always been (by necessity) one of the loudest passages ever recorded.

From the new stereo playback Fripp knew the 5.1 version would require some additional psyching up to process it all. That's a good sign. :)

I'm excited about the Larks Tongues too. But what has me worried is the release schedule. The current pattern seems to be three releases per year, each fall based on Islands and Wake coming out in September - about a year after Red, Lizard and Court. At this rate we'll be getting Discipline by Christmas 2012...

I'm excited about the Larks Tongues too. But what has me worried is the release schedule. The current pattern seems to be three releases per year, each fall based on Islands and Wake coming out in September - about a year after Red, Lizard and Court. At this rate we'll be getting Discipline by Christmas 2012...

Time is only a concept in Mr. Fripp's world.

Why not take the opportunity and add the lyrics to the DVD-A menu?
I personally like to have the option of looking at the lyrics on screen during play.:phones

We did discuss this as a possible option, but it was decided not to do this.
Various reasons.
Some of the time, the words themselves mean nothing - it was the sound of the word that mattered, not what it said.
Also there are a lot of instrumentals.

However - if enough people really want this.............I guess we are always open to suggestions.

However - if enough people really want this.............I guess we are always open to suggestions.

Neil, the two Queen DVDAs have the lyrics and work beautifully.
Same with Brain Salad Surgery - as for rock lyrics being meaningless on their own, well they were never meant to be read as poetry were they? ;-)

As the music evolves, it is nice to have the option of displaying the lyrics (even if one knows them by heart anyway!)(y)

This is a trick SACD missed.

Back