King Crimson in 5.1?!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you think you'll get a appropriate answer anytime?

I certainly hope so - even if the players have been obsoleted (which is Pioneers favourite response) it would be nice to know why this is happening - and more to the point, why only on Pioneer Elite players where there is no obvious reason for the behaviour as reported.
There is certainly nothing different in the discs. the track where they fall over is definitely set to sequential playback, so I am mystified.

According to mr Wilkes:
neil wilkes said:
The first 10 - up to & including "3" - are being done into 5.1 by steven wilson.
Thrakk/Power are being mixed by Jacko.
USA & other live stuff - unknown who is mixing these as yet.
Where will it all end? Who knows.

And I believe that Discipline is scheduled for 2010.

Edit: and also LTIA for 2010. But maybe you wanted more detailed info...

Last edited:
Always good to be reminded of the wonderfully documented activity of the mobile intelligent unit aka Fripp. Great pictures and the inclusive comments about McDonald & Giles - Birdman Suite and what Poseidon could have been in combination did me smile.

Could this mean that there might be a possibility of Mssrs Fripp and wilson including some of the work from the Mc Donald and Giles Album? A 5.1 version would really make my day.

Bob Shafer

There's more updates in Fripp's Jan 7 and 8 diaries...

But also very interesting is the tidbit about Gavin Harrison doing some work on the new Fripp/Mel Collins/Jakko project.

My appetite is duly whetted on both accounts.

shame the pre mix tapes for 'Posidon' can not be found but I am sure SW will work some magic on it, looks like a lot of things are already in teh bag. Just waiting for the preorders at Burning shed

Oh. Let's hope for at least a smalll miracle there. "Poseidon" is an album that never got into me but I think has great possibilities to grow in surround.

Poseidon was actally the first KC album I heard, so I have a special thing for that. And I agree ArnoldLayne, I think it would be enhanced even more than Court by a surround treatment.

Seems they've found some extra material to use in the mix, as of Fripp's diary on January 27.

Since they're still working on it, I reckon we still have to wait at least a couple of months? Or are there other albums in more advanced state?

Lo and behold, the fortunes of the Poseidon album have improved dramatically. This brings it closer to the three current releases in some regards and that is a great thing.

The 40th anniversary of Poseidon wil be in May. Sounds like a reasonable enough time for release, eh?

Seems they've found some extra material to use in the mix, as of Fripp's diary on January 27.

Since they're still working on it, I reckon we still have to wait at least a couple of months? Or are there other albums in more advanced state?

Discipline was the first thing completed, no?

It's true that SW used Discipline to sell RF on the idea of surround mixes so it's more or less finished.

I'm thinking they may revise it based on what they learned on the other releases or they don't want to release anything from that era until the first period set is released in it's entirety.

It's true that SW used Discipline to sell RF on the idea of surround mixes so it's more or less finished.

I'm thinking they may revise it based on what they learned on the other releases or they don't want to release anything from that era until the first period set is released in it's entirety.
Yeah, SW did it on his own so Fripp may want to "executive produce" it. Might change things.

Back