Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming [Classical edition]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice "you are in the middle" recording with ample use of the heights.
Not familiar with that label--or that group. Not sure the world needs yet another recording of those two quartets, though I never get tired of "Death and the Maiden."

We do need more tuba concerto recordings 😇
This RCO Live release has height content unlike the 5.0 of most of their older releases on Apple Music. In the past, their "singles" have ended as SACDs in the Horizon series. So maybe these are a preview for Horizon 11.
1699716295867.png

Last edited:
Has anyone found a good organ version of Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D Minor in Atmos yet?

crikey.. more Telarc in Atmos! 🤯
haven't tried any of these new Telarc releases out yet but wondering if they're fresh Atmos mixes or derived from the old 5.1's.. has anybody checked yet? 🤔
How many Telarc selections are there now? Back in the day, I collected a number of their classical and Erich Kunzel CDs.

I’m unlikely to ever listen to Apple Classical Music through my iPad, but I’m happy the iPad version of the app is now available. At least when it comes to doing a search for music I want to listen to through Apple TV, this app is a nice option and I can add albums to my Apple TV playlist without the pain that comes from using the TV remote or crappy (for me) voice integration.

And the first thing it showed me on the home screen was this album in Atmos. If I’m going to listen to a solo instrument, might as well be in Atmos.

While I lean more toward earlier era classical music, Satie’s Gymnopedies No. 1 is probably my favorite classic piece of all time. Not much into hearing Chamayou’s breathing at certain points, though. (Maybe it’s his clothes... or both.)

I’m going to have to see if there’s an Atmos version of Vexations and see how long I can stand it before going batty.

This is listed as Classical Crossover... a Deutsche Grammophon title.

Maybe I’m projecting because it’s cold and cloudy here, but it does have a wintery vibe to it. Some of the solo piano pieces might have fit nicely on a George Winston album. It’s not all solo piano and there’s even some vocals.

Not a strong Atmos album, but it works. Between the style of the music and the weather outside, it’s a nice, calming listen.

Back