Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chicago (II) DVD Audio, only my second listening (first one properly) and at "Make Me Smile" things are really getting interesting, gives me the same lift as Chicago V now. Now at A.M. Mourning, this is great stuff.

Yeah- it's great sounding music. They just don't make it like that these days..... "cliche"

Yes, they do! Unfortunately, the majority is over compressed. :(

They do? Guess I don't feel the same.....There is very little...if any newer music that makes me feel like the older music does. I realize that's just my preference. OK - love Steve Wilson....Porcupine Trees...but other than that....

They do? Guess I don't feel the same.....There is very little...if any newer music that makes me feel like the older music does. I realize that's just my preference. OK - love Steve Wilson....Porcupine Trees...but other than that....
I sure love the soaring horns and the orchestral elements.

See? They do still make good music. And, that's not counting all The Scorpions releases you still purchase. ;)

There's only one Scorpions release I'm after.. Moment Of Multichannel Madness..!! :p

Meantime I ordered the Kansas Blu-ray set RT mentioned here previously (takin one for the team again! oww! :D )

Yes, they do! Unfortunately, the majority is over compressed. :(

No they don't make "great sounding music" anymore...just sporadic releases...certainly no volume like in the 60's or 70's...do you think 50 years from now someone is going to care about this contemporary music...I doubt it...there are no more "super groups"...but yes the music itself is compressed...convenience over sound quality...that's the new mantra...streaming...downloads...put it on your phone...your tablet..your car...your boat..whatever...

I've really tried to like Steven Wilson's music...just doesn't do it for me...

No they don't make "great sounding music" anymore...just sporadic releases...certainly no volume like in the 60's or 70's...do you think 50 years from now someone is going to care about this contemporary music...I doubt it...there are no more "super groups"...but yes the music itself is compressed...convenience over sound quality...that's the new mantra...streaming...downloads...put it on your phone...your tablet..your car...your boat..whatever...

No, I'm not referring to contemporary music. You should know?! Don't you purchase a lot of it today? In other words, are there still not artists you purchase that still sound good today, including bands from this century? There are still some good albums out there even if the majority is crap. :)

My latest edition of Rolling Stone magazine includes an ad for an HBO documentary about Frank Sinatra on April 5&6 at 8pm on HBO...I don't get HBO but I will find a way to check that one out eventually...I love me some Frank...

No, I'm not referring to contemporary music. You should know?! Don't you purchase a lot of it today? In other words, are there still not artists you purchase that still sound good today, including bands from this century? There are still some good albums out there even if the majority is crap. :)

You were responding to Gos's statement about Chicago II...which isn't new music..so I don't follow your previous post...but anyway...it's not important...life's too short for meaningless counter points and tactful responses...

You were responding to Gos's statement about Chicago II...which isn't new music..so I don't follow your previous post...but anyway...it's not important...life's too short for meaningless counter points and tactful responses...

Hey?! Be nice.

I was only stating that, yes, there is still good sounding music today as on the Chicago disc. You only have to look harder to find it. He made it sound like there was none at all. Please don't be mean to me because I have an opinion. You know, opinions are like A-holes. Everyone has one. ;)

Ok, for Chicago I'm with you, but for me there is a lot modern music out there to discover which gives me goosebumps. :)

Ok, for Chicago I'm with you, but for me there is a lot modern music out there to discover which gives me goosebumps. :)

Like I say - it's just my preference. I'm sure there is. If someone could just release EVERY SINGLE LP FROM 1966-1979 in some high resolution format....whoa....would I be in heaven or what??

Back