Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tears For Fears - Songs From The Big Chair

IMG_0515_zpstwehgwas.jpg

Battalia (SACD)

Music by Girolamo Fantini, Pierre Attaignant, Tielman Susato, Orlando Di Lasso, Cesare Bendinelli, Giovanni Giacomo Gastoldi, Donino Garsi, Michael Praetorious

Tibicines
Igino Conforzi (conductor)

Last edited:
+4.. :eek:

I did mention on here the other day it was weird/uncharacteristic he hadn't posted for a wee while.. hope all is ok with my buddy, maybe he's busy up in the space station with Sammy Hagar and the boys! :p

[video=youtube;yxUgW5CLk18]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxUgW5CLk18[/video]

(Ps. How incredible would Montrose's 1st album be in Surround? :yikes )

+5!!

That's a great show - and I believe Neil Palfreyman was in that small crowd that got in there for that, if I'm not mistaken. I wish more bands would record live performances in Peter Gabriel's studio...

I wish Pete would take advantage of the great surround his studio has, and release his catalogue (or a few), for us surround "Gabriel" fans.(y)

btw

-that. Montross disc.......you better believe it's on my wish list.!!!!!

I was told that the way he records tends to make it difficult to reproduce exactly what was on the original album (multiple tape sources/formats, not just multi-tracks, some sources with direct overdubs, plus how long he takes). I also believe a few tracks were done by the same people who told me - but 'off their own bat' for 'fun'. So not impossible but pretty difficult. What puzzles me most, is that PG has always been into new technology, yet apart from some videos and 'Us' nothing in 5.1, you would have thought he would have been one of the first to do it.

I wish Pete would take advantage of the great surround his studio has, and release his catalogue (or a few), for us surround "Gabriel" fans.(y)

btw

-that. Montross disc.......you better believe it's on my wish list.!!!!!

I love those RCA Living Stereo SACDs in 3.0 Multichannel.

Scheherazade%20SACD_zpsbvzn8b7w.jpg

OMG! I had no idea. On a lark I decided to order this from Amazon. The SQ is unbelievable. Clarity, transparency, soundstage, and precision of instrument placement are exceptional. I was not expecting much of 3-d feeling given no rear channels. Let's say expectations were blown away.

On top of that, the music is great. Best played as loud as your system can handle, but careful of the loud parts because there's dynamic range to die for.

This will become one of my classical show pieces.

Thanks Simon for pointing out this Sacd.

OMG! I had no idea. On a lark I decided to order this from Amazon. The SQ is unbelievable. Clarity, transparency, soundstage, and precision of instrument placement are exceptional. I was not expecting much of 3-d feeling given no rear channels. Let's say expectations were blown away.

On top of that, the music is great. Best played as loud as your system can handle, but careful of the loud parts because there's dynamic range to die for.

This will become one of my classical show pieces.

Thanks Simon for pointing out this Sacd.

I'm glad you're enjoying it. So many of the RCA Living Stereo and Mercury Living Presence SACDs are little sonic treasures. Most of them can still be found a low prices.

Here's one I've just received. I'd been looking for an affordable copy for over a year and I am very happy to add it to my collection.

Van Cliburn: Rachmaninoff/Prokofiev Piano Concertos (RCA Living Stereo SACD 3.0)

Van%20Cliburn%20Rachmaniniv%203%20SACD_zpsmrpv5w2j.jpg

Mr. Gershwin and I have dined with a delicious home made Black Beans, Sweet Potatoes & White Onions Frittata with Salsa Verde and freshly squeezed lime juice. :party

Classical overload, mate! :yikes

Yeah, at the moment I'm either listening to Electronic/Ambient music or Classical. The joys of OCD. :D

Classical is also the genre that offers the most Multichannel titles. It makes it a lot of fun to discover new composers and works of music I'd never heard before.

Back