Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gentle Giant The Power and The Glory Blu Ray: I love this disc, it's hard to believe that it was recorded '73-'74. A serious overplay risk for me with this one, only solution is to buy more surround releases and rotate it in less frequently due to sheer volume. Sound is full and powerful with fully involved surrounds, clean and snappy.

Thanks Brett.

You saved me the effort/cost of trading up. I too like the immersive mix. The musical performance quality is high, and non-vocal sonics are decent. I guess not everything can be a 10 :)

I received the Vince Gill DVD-A today, awesome and I love it, a super good discrete 5.1. Has automatic surround based on your player and Lucky me I have a "it plays everything "so the auto pick was the true DVD audio at 24/88.2, same as what an SACD would be. There is a poll for the DTS version but none for the DVD-A.

I am all Country in now.

Gentle Giant The Power and The Glory Blu Ray: I love this disc, it's hard to believe that it was recorded '73-'74. A serious overplay risk for me with this one, only solution is to buy more surround releases and rotate it in less frequently due to sheer volume. Sound is full and powerful with fully involved surrounds, clean and snappy.

That's a great choice! :upthumb

I think that the guys from Gentle Giant told Steven Wilson to just go crazy with it, and he stayed very faithful to the original, but really splayed everything nicely around the room. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if there was some EQ applied to the bottom end, as this has some deep, powerful, tight bass for such an older recording. Either way, I love it! Listening to now too! :banana:

I received the Vince Gill DVD-A today, awesome and I love it, a super good discrete 5.1. Has automatic surround based on your player and Lucky me I have a "it plays everything "so the auto pick was the true DVD audio at 24/88.2, same as what an SACD would be. There is a poll for the DTS version but none for the DVD-A.

I am all Country in now.

That's a fine disc. If you've gone even a little country you might want to give the Lee Ann Womack Greatest Hits DualDisc a try, it has a 96/24 DVD-A layer. The surround is generally subtle but no doubt it's there. Check out some samples.

Young Americans David Bowie DVD-V DTS 5.1. Call it blue eyed soul or whatever you want, outstanding. Somebody Up There Likes Me (y)

That's a fine disc. If you've gone even a little country you might want to give the Lee Ann Womack Greatest Hits DualDisc a try, it has a 96/24 DVD-A layer. The surround is generally subtle but no doubt it's there. Check out some samples.

That sounds good, I always like Dual Discs.

Young Americans David Bowie DVD-V DTS 5.1. Call it blue eyed soul or whatever you want, outstanding. Somebody Up There Likes Me (y)

My go to track on that album.

Just bought Bob Marley Legend blu ray. Very nice package BUT my favourite, "No Woman, No Cry" is the studio version on blu. Should have checked first :mad:@:

iwhnbt.jpg

Actually I'm listening to the disc and not through Foobar but I was too lazy to make a picture etc :violin. Thanks for this beauty Simon!!

This one's for Adam!!

The Boss!!

bruce_zps0dewq8l1.jpg

That's better :smokin

Always unsure if this one is truly discrete - more of a big immersive live kind of surround mix - very nice. But there are some brass in the rears from time to time?

Anyways - I like this concert a lot, makes me wanna go to an Irish pub and drink lots of beer!!

The Boss!!

bruce_zps0dewq8l1.jpg

That's better :smokin

Always unsure if this one is truly discrete - more of a big immersive live kind of surround mix - very nice. But there are some brass in the rears from time to time?

Anyways - I like this concert a lot, makes me wanna go to an Irish pub and drink lots of beer!!

Well, I'm not at an Irish Pub - yet, still drinking lots of beer. Oh, and smoking some Pork Ribs. (8 hour smoke)
and - listening to Selling England By The Pound!!

Well, I'm not at an Irish Pub - yet, still drinking lots of beer. Oh, and smoking some Pork Ribs. (8 hour smoke)
and - listening to Selling England By The Pound!!

I'm up for some of that. I'll be there shortly. ;)

Tom Petty & Heartbreakers!!

tom_zpsnbmwcplo.jpg

But what's up with the carpets??

I like this concert a lot - not discrete but ok sound and surround mix. My favourite Tom Petty song is (at the moment... ) Walls - and it is included among the bonus tracks!! Great!

Back