Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Main Ingredient, Euphrates River, SACD 4.0 Mch, DSD. Mellow at 60db. What a great sounding disc, looking forward to more Vocalion releases, they seem to be a step up from AF.

Lee Ann Womack, Greatest Hits, Dual Disc, 5.1, PCM 24/48., sounds great, and what a hot looking chick she is. Still at 60db. Have to admit I almost did a double listen of Euphrates River, that is a great disc.

I have Trilogy, BSS, and ELP. My fav's from ELP, in order from top down.

Is it worth it to seek out an expensive copy of Tarkus? I'm thinking I can live w/o it given the other ELP MCH I have.

Don't stop with only one to go. That said Brain and Trilogy are the two best, music wise. But I am a completist and I like full sets.

I have Trilogy, BSS, and ELP. My fav's from ELP, in order from top down.

Is it worth it to seek out an expensive copy of Tarkus? I'm thinking I can live w/o it given the other ELP MCH I have.
I think it's a great album and a pretty great surround mix. It is a bit light on the bottom end, but I don't have a problem cranking my subs when needed. It all depends on how much you like ELP.

Lee Ann Womack, Greatest Hits, Dual Disc, 5.1, PCM 24/48., sounds great, and what a hot looking chick she is. Still at 60db. Have to admit I almost did a double listen of Euphrates River, that is a great disc.

Yep, Lee Ann is hot and a great sounding dual disc it is. BTW, I LOVE Euphrates River.....and for maximum enjoyment PLAY IT LOUDLY! Hopefully, Dutton Vocalion will release a whole lot more QUAD SACDs like the Main Ingredient's ER!:banana:

Billy Joel: The Stranger

Received yesterday due to my main man Quadzilla. (Arrived yesterday buddy- great service).

I can't believe that this has evaded my collection for so long. (Probably the prohibitive pricing these days is the main reason why?).

Enjoying discovering this disc and rekindling memories attached to the well known singles such as - 'I love you just the way you are". (Remember this playing on my dad's radio alarm first thing in the morning when I was a kid in bed, when he went off to work. Always love this song for memories attached- tame mix though on this track IMO.)
It wasn't until i bought 'Streetlife Seranade' that I have appreciated what an all-round talented musician Billy Joel was (is). He makes it sound so easy. Always took his musical contribution for granted in this regard. It's as though he's too good to be taken seriously (he has no rock rough edges that makes him more cult status cool).

Enjoy the revealing clarity of his voice that comes via SACD.

Billy Joel: The Stranger

Received yesterday due to my main man Quadzilla. (Arrived yesterday buddy- great service).

I can't believe that this has evaded my collection for so long. (Probably the prohibitive pricing these days is the main reason why?).

Enjoying discovering this disc and rekindling memories attached to the well known singles such as - 'I love you just the way you are". (Remember this playing on my dad's radio alarm first thing in the morning when I was a kid in bed, when he went off to work. Always love this song for memories attached- tame mix though on this track IMO.)
It wasn't until i bought 'Streetlife Seranade' that I have appreciated what an all-round talented musician Billy Joel was (is). He makes it sound so easy. Always took his musical contribution for granted in this regard. It's as though he's too good to be taken seriously (he has no rock rough edges that makes him more cult status cool).

Enjoy the revealing clarity of his voice that comes via SACD.

I 100% agree with your analysis.

dimmu_zps7kiqjbsj.jpg

Relaxing to some norwegian folk-music, recorded at least 6dB's to loud - like it should be :smokin

The coolest album name ever?? DEATH CULT ARMAGEDDON!!! :banana:

I have to ask... Everyone is talking about Lee Ann Womack's Greatest Hits on Dual Disc (DVD Audio). I do have it on SACD - is this more rare than the Dual Disc? Was it released in different formats in different regions?

Independantly, it is a very good disc to my ears, both regarding musical content (I bought it without having heard a single note...), fidelity and mixes (both stereo and 5.1).

I have to ask... Everyone is talking about Lee Ann Womack's Greatest Hits on Dual Disc (DVD Audio). I do have it on SACD - is this more rare than the Dual Disc? Was it released in different formats in different regions?

Independantly, it is a very good disc to my ears, both regarding musical content (I bought it without having heard a single note...), fidelity and mixes (both stereo and 5.1).

Quite a few albums have DVD~A releases in full sized super audio jewel cases and were later released as Dualdiscs probably to compete with hybrid multichannel/stereo SACDs. Usually the content was the same in terms of track listings.

Here is the dual disc listing: you can compare the content of your DVD~A disc for yourself: http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/15894/Lee_Ann_Womack-Greatest_Hits-DualDisc

For me, owning the Dual Disc is my first and only and it isn't a reference disc for me either in sonics or performance, I will just remain happy with what I have even having a feeling the SACD that you own is probably a hair better.

Listened to some Rockabilly courtesy this J.J. CALE dvd in DD 5.1 from 79, live in the studio(Leon's) with Leon Russell.
Contains most of his classics, btw.

20170221_191704.jpg

and some Rock/Country/Folk via Rickie Lee Jones 5.1 SACD on New West Records. Excellent album I think.

20170221_191714.jpg

Back