Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
blue_zpsgnwucv2u.jpg

New in the mail today, very nice disc :)

That's what you think!? Ha! :confused:

Next up right now: Brain Salad Surgery (2000) :smokin :brew

Yes! I came to the conclusion that this is my favorite surround mix of all.

Roll up!......................................................................Roll up!

Roll up!......................................................................Roll up!

...............................See the show!........................................

On tonight's menu....

Steely Dan-Gaucho DVDA and Two Against Nature DVDA

followed by more Dan with Donald Fagen Nightfly DVDA and Kamikariad DVDA

20170221_180255.jpg20170221_180240.jpg

A cool jazz rock nite. :smokin

TOMMY the who DVD Audio 5.1 MLP 96k 24b (Geffen): Was challenged for a listen and have a rare moment at this hour and on a Friday and chose this. Listened to it a while back in the car and thought that's pretty good, should find time at home for full blown sound and did.

Cool!
IIRC, this did not come out in Surround, but the "DPL II" mode separates it quite nicely...and , of course , the fidelity is top notch...don't know why they remixed it , cause , to my ears , the original mix was superb...

This 2011 blu ray have a 5.1 dts hd master soundtrack (and stereo 96/24), it is front heavy, but separate to a degree with a surround dsp. The fidelty is pretty good.

I do like the double cd that came out in the 80's, it was one of the first cd's I bought - and like you write - it sounds very good.

Saw these guys live in Gothenburg, Sweden sometime around 1990. Great concert! I was particularly impressed with the lead singer - during the concert he did at some time play all the different instruments in the band - just like that - like it was nothing, very cool. And he did his thing with the briefcase.

Never was a super-fan, but I did play their live album "In Transit" a lot in the 80's. Very nice to have a surround release by Saga :)

saga_zpsycma61od.jpg

The important thing in this - is the whiskey!!

And I like whiskey!! Bourbon, Single malt, blended - good stuff!

:beer2

Back