Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Katatonia - The Fall of Hearts DVDV in DTS

KatFall.jpg

Then another listen to Dethroned & Uncrowned DVDA in MLP 4.1

I drew back when I saw the singer pictured was not an integral part of the music. ;)

Not sure what you mean - not integral? My english is not too good.

She is one of several beautiful and talented female guest vocalists on the concert - and Midge Ure (of course he is talented and beautiful too) :banana:

Youtube clip from Atemlos Live:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7ud_TiIOA4

Actually, Paul Simon owns the rights to his solo albums that were originally released on Columbia, and Warners have been releasing them on CD since the mid 80's. If you look at the CD cases for any of them they say (C) & (P) Paul Simon which means he retains both the copyright and phonographic copyright to the albums.

So if Rhino wanted to do a Paul Simon quadio set the only thing they'd need was his approval.

Yeah, I kinda thought Warner had those early solo's at one point . (I was thinking 2003-2010 ?)

It would seem that the artist signs with whoever has the best offer from time to time , and because it's Paul Simon well.....he can and does .

This morning's random playlist:

The Moody Blues "Tuesday Afternoon/ Evening A Time To Get Away" (Days Of Future Passed DTS CD... I like the mixes better than the SACD)
The Moody Blues "Procession/The Story In Your Eyes" (To Our Children's etc SACD...I love their take on the evolution of music!)
R.E.M. "It's The End Of The World..." (Document DVD-A)
The Doors "Riders On The Storm" (Best of Doors Quad SACD... whisper to me, Jim)
Simon & Garfunkel "The Boxer" (Bridge Over Troubled Water QR)
Opeth "A Fair Judgement" (Deliverance DTS DVD)
Hootie & The Blowfish "Let Her Cry" (Cracked Rear View DVD-A)
Jethro Tull "To Cry You A Song" (Benefit DTS DVD)
Jeff Beck "Cause We've Ended As Lovers" (Blow By Blow Japan Quad SACD)
Beck Bogert Appice "Black Cat Moan" (Beck Bogert Appice SACD)
Anthony Phillips "Henry Portraits From Tudor Times" (The Geese & The Ghost DVD-A... this suite is fantastic!)

Yeah I love that Anthony Phillips tune as well.

And good pick on the S & G listened to the quad disc on Saturday for "The Boxer " . (y)

20170513_181239.jpg20170513_181403.jpg

Elis Regina - Elis & Tom dvd-a

ooooooo... that thing can turn any frown upside down in a jiffy!
Needed to drop by to thank Ralph and Adam for setting me up with this :banana:

:burnout

Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes ‎– Wake Up Everybody (SQ)

This would probably not be a huge seller were it be reissued, but I for one would be ecstatic.

Harold%20Melvin%20amp%20The%20Blue%20Notes%20-%20Wake%20Up%20Everybody_zps43grlmaq.jpg

I'm much more of an Allman Brothers fan, but this actually has some pretty good Scheiner surround mix stuff going on. :smokin

61iwif3sgmL.jpg

I'm much more of an Allman Brothers fan, but this actually has some pretty good Scheiner surround mix stuff going on. :smokin

61iwif3sgmL.jpg

I can't listen to Freebird now without having visions of Jennie teetering on the edge of the parapet in Forrest Gump or Galahad on the rampage in the church in Kingsman..! :yikes

Still one of the saddest days in my life when that plane crashed. We had tickets to see them on the "Street Survivors" tour when it happened.

They were the most powerful live band And boy were they fun. I never cared about the confidante flag/North/south nonsense.

It was the guitars and the symphony of sounds.

Never held it against the survivors to re-emerge as they have. I just never could let go of Ronnie. I love Neil Young too. I would have loved hearing Ronnie and Neil's awesome eventual collaboration...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back