Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pinkwhich ;

What's the "quad mix " like ? If you don't mind me asking .

I have 3 or 4 KBFH broadcasts , but find them a bit tame in the rears. Is this a good surround quad concert ? :D

-fizzy tailwaggin.

Well being a radio broadcast it's not too bad, Aerosmith's fidelity and performance is actually pretty good, Quadwise not overly discrete (like most of QUAD KBFH I've heard) all 4 speakers are fully active but more like 4 speaker stereo than truly discrete QUAD. The Gentle Giant portion seems to sound a little better but I think it has more to do with the Giants music than necessarily the mix, sadly the Scotch tape commercials have the best use of QUAD :mad:@:.

Jarre in China

DTS 96/24
THX Certified...great mix!!!!

Can't seem to find this DVD in Discogs!

(EDIT....wait IS HE REALLY WEARING A HOODIE IN THE FORBIDDEN CITY???? Sacre Bleu!!!!! THAT should be FORBIDDEN!!)

Charlie Rich - Very Special Love Songs (Q8)

This one is growing on me and I just can't stop playing it.

Charlie%20Rich%20-%20Very%20Special%20Love%20Songs%20Q8_zps7kv8diyf.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone else think that Terry Kath's vocals on 'Wishing You Were Here' sounds conspicuously like Alan Parsons Project (or vice versa) or even Floyd just a little bit?

That might be a reason Kath didn't get to sing all that much, right? ;) He was a far superior guitarist, and most of the Chicago tracks I still like, like "25 or 6 to 4" are because of his playing. But he'll be underrated to eternity, 'course.

ED :)

4kImiIs.jpg

Not very discrete, as others have mentioned, but a great recording, sounds wonderful.

The music is so beautiful - makes you want to play it over and over again :banana::smokin

XTC-Skylarking[in DTS HD MA on the Bluray].......weird thing is this disc plays but my Nonsuch disc doesn't[is Skylarking put on Bluray in any way that Nonsuch isn't so that it plays but Nonsuch doesnt?]........Steve Wilson hit a homerun with this one.

Just got home and saw Adams post but this seems to have worked (Edit: Hope I didn't store it locally, how can I know if I did?) Second Edit: looks like it links directly to the Bucket so fortunately not using John's server space:
DSC00048_zpsyk190xbb.jpg
Oh and this is a great disc.

Just got home and saw Adams post but this seems to have worked (Edit: Hope I didn't store it locally, how can I know if I did?) Second Edit: looks like it links directly to the Bucket so fortunately not using John's server space:
DSC00048_zpsyk190xbb.jpg
Oh and this is a great disc.

Why is this never mentioned as a top 10 surround disc? Enter sandman and Wherever I May Roam are true Demo songs for showing off your system. Up there with ELP BSS 2001 Tocotta/123rd Impressions and now the unparalleled Kraftwerk 3d in true atmos.

Why is this never mentioned as a top 10 surround disc? Enter sandman and Wherever I May Roam are true Demo songs for showing off your system. Up there with ELP BSS 2001 Tocotta/123rd Impressions and now the unparalleled Kraftwerk 3d in true atmos.
I'm with you on that, my excuse is that I'm a slow voter. I go back to this disc more often than imagined.

Don't forget "The Unforgiven!" Very cinematic and very discrete. It is a totally bad-ass disc.

Back