Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
00F3CA8D-F111-4620-A5C9-B02738FE9B5B.jpeg

Mark Knopfler - Shangri-La on SACD in 5.1

Pink Floyd - The Endless River on blu ray in 5.1pcm. I like David’s farewell here to Rick and the Floyd. While not something that gets a lot of play at my place, I’m glad it’s in my collection.

Gentle Giant - Three Piece Suite (BD-A)- This Rocks! After listening for several days, I would say this is my favorite Gentle Giant surround release, with Freehand DVD-A second. P&G may have the best fidelity and mix, but this is my favorite content, and the mix and fidelity sounds great (although the first song has a slightly "dull" sound).

Atlanta road-trip in Acura for King Crimson included GG Three Piece Suite and SW To the Bone played in both directions, Captain Fantastic & Brown Dirt Cowboy & some stereo discs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rossini - Complete Overtures 1 (BD-A)- Nothing like the William Tell Overture loud and in surround! This is a wide sound field type of mix, but it sounds really good. You also get The Barber of Siviglia and many others... it's like Loony Tunes' greatest hits:D

Rossini - Complete Overtures 1 (BD-A)- Nothing like the William Tell Overture loud and in surround! This is a wide sound field type of mix, but it sounds really good. You also get The Barber of Siviglia and many others... it's like Loony Tunes' greatest hits:D

"Can't you see you're next?---Yeaaaahhhhh you're next....youuuu're so next!!!!"

rabbit-of-seville.jpg

Telarc's "Round-Up" SACD (Kunzel/Cincinnati Pops Orchestra)- This is soooo cool! Classic Western orchestral pieces/movie & television themes/ and western sound effects in surround. While the orchestral passages tend to have an ambiance mix in the surround channels, there are interspersed surround effects such as cows, gunfire, and crackling campfires. There's also a section of "Cowboy Singing" of some older Western TV themes. Includes part of the William Tell Overture, The Magnificent Seven, How The West Was Won, Gunfight At The OK Corral, Big Country, Themes From Silverado, Bonanza, Rawhide, and many others. Very well done and recommended when listening to surround on the range.

Add Copeland's "Billy The Kid" and "Rodeo", and Grofe's "On The Trail", and you've got all the western music you'll ever need!

Oh yeah, and some Ennio Morricone;)

Back