Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Doors - The Singles (BDA DTS-HD MA 4.0 Mix)

IMG_0378.jpg

LAGQ - Guitar Heroes SACD- Ultra discrete acoustic guitars, one in each corner, sounding fantastic. Instead of panning to achieve swirling effects, these guys actually play so tightly and in such a perfectly orchestrated manner, they achieve cool surround effects "manually". me likey.

Deodato : Prelude&Deodato 2. Have not heard Deodato before,so this was a pleasant surprice(y)Very nice discrete mix and very enjoyable
music:)

Got My Whitesnake Box in today - Had a 20 dollar credit for them screwing up a previous order so only cost me 17.57 so what the hell.

Nice sturdy box.......nice book, posters - all the cds/dvd came with nice disc protection sleeves in side the pocket

Oh also one nugget......the 4 videos in 5.1 called Four Play (have not listened to yet) but on the closing credits to the videos they added the complete song Love Ain't No Stranger (from Slide It In 1984) in 5.1 tooooo during the credits. :banana:

They are DD 5.1 24.48 - Also will tell you that audio muxer kept giving me an error code when trying to demux the MKV - so used DVD Audio Extractor :mad:@:

So looking forward to sitting down tonight with a Rum & Coke and giving it a whirl :cool::banana:

Got My Whitesnake Box in today - Had a 20 dollar credit for them screwing up a previous order so only cost me 17.57 so what the hell.

Nice sturdy box.......nice book, posters - all the cds/dvd came with nice disc protection sleeves in side the pocket

Oh also one nugget......the 4 videos in 5.1 called Four Play (have not listened to yet) but on the closing credits to the videos they added the complete song Love Ain't No Stranger (from Slide It In 1984) in 5.1 tooooo during the credits. :banana:

They are DD 5.1 24.48 - Also will tell you that audio muxer kept giving me an error code when trying to demux the MKV - so used DVD Audio Extractor :mad:@:

So looking forward to sitting down tonight with a Rum & Coke and giving it a whirl :cool::banana:
Yeah, My Whitesnake box arrives today also.

Gilmore at Pompeii, can't say that there is such a thing as too much Floyd music. Mine just arrived today as I encountered the dreaded backorder. Great performances and set list...think I saw Cesar holding up his phone to get some video.? If only I had been in Naples.....

Deodato : Prelude&Deodato 2. Have not heard Deodato before,so this was a pleasant surprice(y)Very nice discrete mix and very enjoyable
music:)

So they are starting to arrive in mailboxes! :banana::banana::banana: Maybe I'll get mine tomorrow (a Saturday, hurray).

While I had heard of him before, I had always pronounced it DEO-dahta, but now that I have worked with Brazilians, I know it is "JOE-dahta" :mad:@:

Just finished: Marvin Gaye Collection

Just started: Doobies Home-made Best of Collection

Edit: Are there any must-have songs in surround that I've missed from the available surround mixes?:

1 Listen to the Music
2 Long Train Runnin'
3 Rockin' Down the Highway
4 China Grove
5 Black Water
6 Take Me in Your Arms
7 Jesus is Just Alright

Just finished: Marvin Gaye Collection

Just started: Doobies Home-made Best of Collection

Edit: Are there any must-have songs in surround that I've missed from the available surround mixes?:

1 Listen to the Music
2 Long Train Runnin'
3 Rockin' Down the Highway
4 China Grove
5 Black Water
6 Take Me in Your Arms
7 Jesus is Just Alright

as far as surround goes, one of my favourite Doobie Quad mixes is Road Angel, its fab!

Cotton Mouth has a classic 360 degree pan thingy which is unusual for Warners their Quads tended not to do too much of that, I think Graham Central Station Ain't No Bout A Doubt It is unusual for also being a Warner mix with 360 pans.

i also love the epic tracks Cheat The Hangman and Daughters Of The Sea.. all the better in Quad of course! :banana:

Gilmore at Pompeii, can't say that there is such a thing as too much Floyd music. Mine just arrived today as I encountered the dreaded backorder. Great performances and set list...think I saw Cesar holding up his phone to get some video.[emoji56] If only I had been in Naples.....
Noooo, I was in Pompeii on the second night (most of the video comes from this show) and I was just behind Phil Manzanera on the RAH the night Gabriel Gilmour played.And I haven't been able to spot myself yet!!!

[IPink Floyd the Division Bell OMG I forgot just how outstanding the 5.1 disc is. Stunning in every way. The music, the use of surrounds, exquisite guitar. Man you can't ask for better. :):banana:[/I]

[IPink Floyd the Division Bell OMG I forgot just how outstanding the 5.1 disc is. Stunning in every way. The music, the use of surrounds, exquisite guitar. Man you can't ask for better. :):banana:[/I]

Must be because Andy said it's a Quad mix for the most part . Kinda keeping it in the same quadro ballpark as Dark Side, Atom Heart, and Wish , and Echos , I figure . :D

We need more of those early quads fr Floyd I think . But if they should come out in 5.1 as Pompeii did , that's a good thing too,.........just as long as it's Pink Floyd Studio albums or quad live in surround(4 preferred but fives ok to.). (y)

Sheryl Crow-Globe Sessions DTS CD

a fine collection of tunes that Rock on with a very good Surround mix. :D

I prefer my DTS CD just slightly more over the DVDA-------more "Spank" !

20170922_193755.jpg

Back