Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And what with all this Bill Bruford talk of surround ,I gave this quad conversion a spin.

Now the synth is very predominate in this disc with Bruford on percussion , but he has his moments in surround.

FWIW the last 2-3 tracks are the best imho.

20171028_195338.jpg

I have to admit that all these abbreviations sometimes leave me helpless. It took me some time to realise that this is not a James Taylor album I didn't know about but that you are talking about Jethro Tull's Songs from the Wood (you are, aren't you?) :mad:@:

You are absolutely right...first, I'm lazy and, second, I am NOT a James Taylor fan, so JT for me is Jethro Tull....

Get Your Wings & Rocks - Aerosmith (Q8)

DWbVWgm.jpg

holy guacamole, Bartman! :yikes

even though I've had a nice quality SQ (Tate, i think) decode of Rocks for years and more recently enjoyed my own beat up copies of the SQ LPs of these two decoded thru the Surround Master, nothing could've prepared me for just how great the Get Your Wings Q8 is with the mix fully discrete.. and the tape sounds pretty nice too.. woo! :banana:

hopefully one day a label like AF or DV will get these Quad Rock beauties out on a modern MultiChannel format, they're fab.. 5.1 fingers crossed! :ugham:

DWbVWgm.jpg

even though I've had a nice quality SQ (Tate, i think) decode of Rocks for years and more recently enjoyed my own beat up copies of the SQ LPs of these two decoded thru the Surround Master, nothing could've prepared me for just how great the Get Your Wings Q8 is with the mix fully discrete.. and the tape sounds pretty nice too.. woo! :banana:

hopefully one day a label like AF or DV will get these Quad Rock beauties out on a modern MultiChannel format, they're fab.. 5.1 fingers crossed! :ugham:

Rocks is probably my favorite rock surround mix ever...to hear it freed from Q8 fidelity would really be something

DWbVWgm.jpg

Perhaps it's HIGH TIME Adam to petition D~V and alert them to the spectacular sound on these Aerosmith Q8s. As you said, when it comes to QUAD....never say NEVER. I'm sure even though they're out of D~V's normal 'comfort zone' they'd sell like HOTCAKES.:)

Doubtful Audio Fidelity will ever release any more QUAD SACDs so either Sony Japan or D~V are our only hope.

Rocks is probably my favorite rock surround mix ever...to hear it freed from Q8 fidelity would really be something

i'm surprised how good these two Q8s sound tbh, miles better than my clapped out old SQ LPs anyway! :D to be free of their SQ and Q8 chains would be wonderful indeed! :upthumb

i'm surprised how good these two Q8s sound tbh, miles better than my clapped out old SQ LPs anyway! :D to be free of their SQ and Q8 chains would be wonderful indeed! :upthumb

So let's stop talking about it and send email suggestions to Dutton Vocalion. I will do it later tonight. Just takes a few moments of our time. :banana:

Perhaps it's HIGH TIME Adam to petition D~V and alert them to the spectacular sound on these Aerosmith Q8s. As you said, when it comes to QUAD....never say NEVER. I'm sure even though they're out of D~V's normal 'comfort zone' they'd sell like HOTCAKES.:)

Doubtful Audio Fidelity will ever release any more QUAD SACDs so either Sony Japan or D~V are our only hope.

oh I don't think we need to petition DV, they know what they're doing I'll let them get on with it rather than pester them! :p

yeah Sony Japan is possibly our best shot at this point I guess.. until then its SQ LPs, Q8 tapes or bust! :yikes

oh I don't think we need to petition DV, they know what they're doing I'll let them get in with it rather than pester them! :p

yeah Sony Japan is possibly our best shot at this point I guess.. until then its SQ LPs, Q8 tapes or bust! :yikes

AB, it's NOT a matter of pestering them. If enough of us petition them to release titles WAY out of their comfort zone, they might renege and look into the possibility of licensing the Aerosmith masters.

https://www.duttonvocalion.co.uk/blog/

Just click onto CONTACT US and let's GET THE BALL ROLLING.

Hey, we might even get a TWO~FER out of this. Wouldn't that be special, AB? :yikes

i'll leave it in your capable hands :)

Dear Adam,

I did what I said I would do, namely, send an email to Dutton Vocalion requesting that both Get Your Wings and Rocks [Aerosmith] be considered for QUAD SACD release.

I also put in a request for Papa John Creach's magnificent RCA/GRUNT solo album which is sadly OOP.

I also informed Mr. Dutton that Lord Adam Buckley of the Q8 Brigade, London Chapter, who is so properly British as to be skittish to render such a request [it's beneath him] would similarly be gratified if these wildly discrete rock 'n roll albums be released in Quad......but when push comes to shove, Lord Buckley is as utterly plebian as the rest of us 'commoners.' :ugham:

Very truly yours,

RAM [a little splash of color never hurts when submitting a formal request]

Boss Scaggs - Dig (5.1 DVDA upmixed to 7.1) Very nice but would keep the neighbors awake if played late at night. Bass really pops!

oh I don't think we need to petition DV, they know what they're doing I'll let them get on with it rather than pester them! :p

Agreed !, Freddums . :D

Sony Japan is likely the ONLY label we might see these two quads from. (y)

I don't think boutique labels such as AF or DV could afford Aerosmith's catalogue of SONY/CBS Quad reissues . No doubt costly for their popularity.
Additionaly there's the" genre thing" with DV.

Back