Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Djabe & Steve Hackett - Life Is A Journey (DVD, DTS 96/24) excellent sounding, a great surround mix and sometimes pretty "proggy" imo, especially the title track. Great bonus content as well.
Evanescene - Synthesis (DVD, Dolby 5.1) pretty good sounding, good surround mix, though not so much my cup of tea, musically spoken.

Rocket Man/Mammy Blue - Hugo Montenegro (SACD)

well I got this primarily for the Elton John tribute which I already loved on CD-4 LP and is absolutely marvellous sounding here on SACD (and unlike my CD-4 record doesn't distort in the rear channels on the extended workout - kick out the jams amazing bit - on Rocket Man!) but blow me down the Mammy Blue mix (while the sound quality is not as good as the Rocket Man album) is even more impressive and is very active surround indeed, lots of gratuitous 360 pans! wayhay! lovin' it! :bounce

mgqJtXF.jpg

The songs "Marionette " and "The Crash Street Kids " both mixed to have fun with Quad systems , btw.

Lot's of front to rear with those 2 tunes in particular . Played "em twice over last night. :smokin

20171208_201616.jpg20171208_201604.jpg

I like the way this sounds and plays out.

A story within a story , with decent surround.

Jerry Granelli-Sandhills Reunion SACD 5.0 . I wish they could have created more like this. Recommended listening for a blustery day .

20171206_172547.jpg

Rocket Man/Mammy Blue - Hugo Montenegro (SACD)

well I got this primarily for the Elton John tribute which I already loved on CD-4 LP and is absolutely marvellous sounding here on SACD (and unlike my CD-4 record doesn't distort in the rear channels on the extended workout - kick out the jams amazing bit - on Rocket Man!) but blow me down the Mammy Blue mix (while the sound quality is not as good as the Rocket Man album) is even more impressive and is very active surround indeed, lots of gratuitous 360 pans! wayhay! lovin' it! :bounce

mgqJtXF.jpg

Ray Conniff brings back memories. I fondly remember the days when Sending In The Clowns wasn't a scary thing :yikes

Led Zeppelin How The West Was Won Disc 2 (of the two disc set) 5.1 MLP 48k 24b; was thinking about going straight to Moby Dick for John Henry but couldn't resist What is And Should Never Be. There now anyway again. Just wish Roberto had given the tambourine a rest early on. Disc one, Since I've Been Loving You, just lost my worried mind.

Listening now to M. Sasaji & L.A. Allstars, AFRO BLUE SACD Multi-ch. like a big band jazz sound. Live at Capitol in 2002. Not a discrete release, the audience primarily in rears.

Back