Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
004.jpgTime for some Christmas music

005.jpg

The Police - Every Breath You Take - The Classics on SACD in 5.1. Though I like the music, this disc leaves me feeling ‘meh’, and I can’t quite put my finger on why.

MI0002946567.jpg

Best sounding lossy disc ever. Way too much bass, and I'm a man who really likes his bass. I turn the subs down -4dB and it still has tons of bass. :yikes :smokin :brew

Agreed with the excess bass. I ripped and ”remastered”, cutting bass by 10 dB. That helped.

It is quite bass heavy, but a whole -10dB reduction seems almost excessive to me. This thing has really great bass, just a tad bit too much of it. :)

I hear you.

I’m normally a bass nut too, preferring a deep and solid foundation. To my ears this title had twice as much boomy bass as needed, hence the 10dB selective reduction (2x perception). In any case it’s nice to have the flexibility to tune our systems to taste :)

It is quite bass heavy, but a whole -10dB reduction seems almost excessive to me. This thing has really great bass, just a tad bit too much of it. :)

Yes, tons of bass. I found myself turning it down 3-4db as well. Regardless, my sub is a damn beast and it simply nailed it. Very hard hitting. Just ask my house. lol

I was just watching the new Richard Thompson DVD "Live at Rockpalast (Hamburg 1983)" - well, the DVD is new not the show (it's great, nontheless). Anyway, when the show was over they played Donald Fagen's "The Nightfly". So, obviously I had no other choice than to put the DVDA in my player and listen to it. And, what can I say? It's still one of the very best. Fantastic music, great sound, excellent surround mix.

Listening now to Gentle Giant, Three Piece Suit, shoot me if I buy another Prog Rock this year. Great menu, video with each track and lyrics, hooray. Too bad I'm not into the band, but I'll try.
index.jpg

Listening now to Gentle Giant, Three Piece Suit, shoot me if I buy another Prog Rock this year. Great menu, video with each track and lyrics, hooray. Too bad I'm not into the band, but I'll try.
Growing up, I was into Tull, Yes, Rush, E.L.P., Crimson, etc., but I never knew about Gentle Giant. I can't believe such a great band has been around since 1970 without me knowing about them.

Most people that have a problem with them usually site the jazzy dissonant vocals as the main culprit, but it kind of reminds me of John Wetton's style of vocals sorta, which I like.

Now listening to the best thing ever:

61H3bM0TZOL.jpg

I’m excited for this mix of AFTK. I have one on order from importcds, (not really) waiting patiently for them to get a new shipment...

Growing up, I was into Tull, Yes, Rush, E.L.P., Crimson, etc., but I never knew about Gentle Giant. I can't believe such a great band has been around since 1970 without me knowing about them.

Most people that have a problem with them usually site the jazzy dissonant vocals as the main culprit, but it kind of reminds me of John Wetton's style of vocals sorta, which I like.

Now listening to the best thing ever...

Mannheim Steamroller - Christmas Celebration DVD-A... GREAT surround mix and nice variety of tunes... contains a few of the same songs found on their "Christmas Extraordinaire" DVD-A plus many more...

AIX All Stars - Surrounded By Christmas DVD-A... NOW we're talkin'... excellent smooth acoustic jazz in discrete surround.:smokin

This is seriously perfect fidelity, top musicianship, and extremely discrete surround mix... anyone who likes Vince Guaraldi's "Charlie Brown Christmas" will love this.

With the recent talk of Jethro Tull I thought I would give War Child a spin. Good choice.

Back