Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems as though this title has received very little mention on QQ, at least as far as my search went. So, I'll call it out as highly satisfactory to me.
Musically, these guys are on it. Singer has a good voice. I'd vote something like an 8 or a 9.
Songs are enjoyable. This will definitely get repeat listens. I'd say these guys are a bit like the Eagles.
This sounds well-recorded and the mix is pretty friggin' discrete. I found it pretty cheap. There's one on amzn for $8.

Ok, I'm taking your word on this Shoeless Joe DVD-Audio. There is almost no video for this band online, outside a few poor live videos. But for $11 shipped, hey why not!

Porcupine Tree Arriving Somewhere DVD, 2 Disc Set DTS 5.1 48k; Should I get the the Blu? I feel something taking over me, the price seems right.

All American Boy - Rick Derringer (Quad from Q8)

"I hope you all know what I'm talkin' about,
The way they wiggle that thing really knocks me out,
Gettin' high all the time, hope you all are too,
Come on a little closer, gonna do it to you.."

sheer bloody poetry! :D ok so there may not be an abundance of highbrow lyrics or esoteric tunes.. but this album is just so much FUN..!!!! :woopie

still strikes me as so fresh and energetic a set of songs and performances, even though i've played it loads the last few years! :wave

even though there's that lovely familiarity that comes when you're so immersed in the flow of the music of an album you've come to know so well, there's little details in the layers of the mix still revealing themselves to me, even after a good while hearing it again and again.

you know, even the ballads have a kind of propulsive momentum to them, the record never lets up! definitely one of my desert island Quads.. come on Dutton Vocalion, you gonna give it to us at QQ? ;) :p

Diamonds And Rust - Joan Baez (Quad from Q8)

gorgeous album, lovely warm enveloping mix and a nice sounding A&M Q8 tape (knocks spots off either of the two copies of the CD-4 I bought, which both had their own unique sets of issues, not so the "lowly" Q8 which really sounds great! :D )

".. I never dreamed you'd leave in Summer
and now my quiet nights are spent alone.."

ahh... :smokin

They Only Come Out At Night - Edgar Winter Group (Quad from Q8)

one of the (for me :eek: ) all-time Classic 10/10 perfect Quads.. "Frankenstein" alone is textbook Quad but really the whole thing is just beautiful surround.. how the old MFSL could've reissued this on SACD, in all conscience, not including the Quad is baffling, bordering on the criminal to me! please please somebody (Dutton Vocalion..? ;) ;) ) please get this incredible ol' Quad out from the 4-ch master tapes ASAP (if not sooner!! :yikes )

"..love is a feeling that grows and grows
and where it stops nobody knows.."

:music

They Only Come Out At Night - Edgar Winter Group (Quad from Q8)

one of the (for me :eek: ) all-time Classic 10/10 perfect Quads.. "Frankenstein" alone is textbook Quad but really the whole thing is just beautiful surround.. how the old MFSL could've reissued this on SACD, in all conscience, not including the Quad is baffling, bordering on the criminal to me! please please somebody (Dutton Vocalion..? ;) ;) ) please get this incredible ol' Quad out from the 4-ch master tapes ASAP (if not sooner!! :yikes )

"..love is a feeling that grows and grows
and where it stops nobody knows.."

:music

Oh Adam...that one is special to me..how I would love to hear it in surround:)

Harvest For The World - The Isley Brothers
(SQ LP decoded by the Surround Master)

"talkin' 'bout them people,
people of today..
...it's so good for me,
it's where i wanna be,
are you down with me?
..lay it on the line!"

F-F-F-FUNKY QUAD (with all block caps!!)... OWWW bay-bee..!!! :smokin

Finally.....after all these years of wondering.....got to hear.....Edgar Winter-Jasmine Nightdreams.

From a Q8 converter.....to DVDA.

And Frederico was correct....those last 3 tunes knock about your surround...in a nice demo-quad performance.:smokin

Oh.....and me 3 for his "Only Comes Out At Night " quad wonder . The re-issue is long overdue . Hopefully Sony Epic Japan can issue his quad catalogue---soon. :D

Live It Up - The Isley Brothers (SQ LP decoded by Zee Zurround Meister)

<front channels> "I WANNA LIVE!"
<rear channels> "LIVE!"
<front channels> "LIVE IT UP!!"
<rear channels> "IT UP!"
<front channels> "I GOTTA LIVE!"
<rear channels> "LIVE!"
<front channels> "LIVE IT UP!"
<front channels> "LIVE..."
<rear channels> ".. IT UP!"

etc.. :yikes

that kinda call and response surround gorgeousness is why I love this hobby, maaaan.. :smokin

:banana:

very much in a Quadro R&B mood this arvo... I hope I run out of Soul records before I run out of Sauvignon Plonk..! :friday:

Been messin with dts-essin lately.

Stephen Stills-Stills. DTS CD. Mellow Stills mostly with , maybe all , with his acoustic guitar . Kinda folky/rocky type of sound.

I'm still a bit disappointed with that last minute PULL of his first album DVDA (on Atlantic).......mostly because I never had it in stereo and it features many guest artists., plus his hit single.

20180127_200959.jpg

Since Adam is "off the hook" today...or is that "off the chain"(y)...time for the mesmerizing sounds of Winelight...as Snood would say...me loves some Winelight:spot..SACD..but I have the DVD too I ain't getting rid of that one either..to the grave and beyond:banana::wave

And of course 2 Stellar surroundophiles in their own right.

What's not to enjoy in surround from :

Pete Namlook and Klaus Schulze -- Dark Side Of The Moog. DTS CD from the 5 disc box set on M.I.G. Records Germany.

20180127_200852.jpg

For those who don't know....Klaus Schulze is an Electronics Icon whose music lends itself perfectly to surround be it quad (Irrlicht, Cyborg there may be others..) ..and or 5.1-- (Rheingold ).
Would love Steven Wilson to give his werkx "the treatment " and HE IS A BIG FAN of Klaus as he mentions in the Rheingold DVD when interviewing his idol. :smokin

And.......

Call the fire dept !!! cause this is on fire...

The Police -Everything She Does....Best Of DTS CD

(HIGHLY RECOMMEND this and all of Sting's DTS CD'S....:smokin......super surround mixes, btw )

20180127_200909.jpg

And one of my favourite DTS CD'S.......it so bests the old Q8 .:D(y)

Really surrounds my quad planet.....er atmosphere ?

Wings-Venus And Mars

20180127_200938.jpg

paid about double it's original cost.....but it's very much worth all my expense.

Wonder if we'll ever see Macca's quad disc of RAM ? That's one of his better discs I think.---Ram On. :smokin

Adam is in Soul mode so he has to be "Working On The Chain Gang", with those immortal lines (sort of!)

That's the sound of the men working on the chain ga-a-ang
That's the sound of the men working on the chain gang
All day long they're singin', mm
My, my, my, my, my, my, my, my, my work is so hard
Give me Sauvignon Plonk, I'm thirsty

Since Adam is "off the hook" today...or is that "off the chain"(y)...time for the mesmerizing sounds of Winelight...as Snood would say...me loves some Winelight:spot..SACD..but I have the DVD too I ain't getting rid of that one either..to the grave and beyond:banana::wave

Latest posts

Back