Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which is to be followed by this incredible surround music and mix.

Grateful Dead -American Beauty. DVDA

20180126_192725.jpg

And a couple days back I gave this a spin.

Pretty good concert with these two Icon's.

Crosby Nash -Another Stoney Evening. DVDA

20180216_201717.jpg20180216_201817.jpg

This disc from DTS ENT. surprised me that it's just an ambient surround mix......something they rarely ever promoted on their label.

A little Sunday morn music with,

Grateful Dead -Workingman's Dead. DVDA

gotta have me some "Casey Jones " this morning .

View attachment 32296

Yeah. Def one of my favorites. I've had the DTS version for some time but not as long the DVDA. In fact I had forgot I had the DVDA until I was putting the DTS version back in the rack. :)

The Doors -Live At The Isle Of Wight 1970. DTS DVD

picked this up this past week. Mixed in 5.1 by Bruce Botnick....but unfortunately .....mostly ambience in the surrounds . The sound is very good as is the performance......top notch actually .

20180227_193944.jpg

I'll have to add it to my surround dvd's of others from Isle Of Wight,

Jimi Hendrix
Leonard Cohen
E.L.P.
Moody Blues
Jethro Tull

Pi7tPix.jpg

Excellent theatrical show and discrete surround mix from Pink Floydish band RPWL :banana:

Big scanned image is big :yikes

En Silencio: Latin American Guitar Music by guitarist Ricardo Gallen in DSD 256 Multichannel.
An early release in DSD 256 - from the original recording made at that resolution. Very impressive! Recommended.

En Silencio - Twitter.jpg

Guitarist Ricardo Jesús Gallén played on the first DSD 256 release from Eudora Records - Fernando Sor: Guitar Sonatas - which is the label’s top-selling DSD release.

Now Gallen returns with En Silencio: Latin American Guitar Music, another must-hear performance in Pure DSD 256 Stereo and DSD 256 Multichannel.

The silencing warmth of the recording can be experienced ahead of a purchase of the album by listening to his video performing one of the tracks from the album: Agustín Barrios Mangoré composition La Catedral: III. Allegro Solemne (YouTube video linked below).

For this recording, Sonodore microphones were used to bring the music to the Horus Analog to DSD 256 Converter from Merging Technologies. Eudora notes that "Of course, no DXD conversion and processing was applied, this is a pure DSD256 recording."

En Silencio has a release date of March 16, 2018. But this album is too good to keep listeners waiting that long. So we have it for you today at the Native DSD Music store in Stereo and Multichannel DSD 256 (the recorded DSD bit rate), DSD 128 and DSD 64.

Gonzalo Noqué, producer/engineer of Eudora Records, introduces this gorgeous new DSD 256 album with guitarist Ricardo Gallén in the NativeDSD Blog's "Producer's Notes" section. Gonzalo tells us: "Every time I record in DSD in the 13th Century Church of San Francisco, in Ávila (Spain) I’m marvelled at the acoustics of this location and the ability of the DSD256 format to capture the nuances of the instruments and natural space acoustics.

To bring you the full benefit of this native DSD 256 recording, all the DSD files for En Silencio at the NativeDSD Music store use DSD rendering from the master DSD 256fs Stereo and Surround Sound recording. No DXD conversions, balancing and processing are present on this release."

https://eudora.nativedsd.com/albums/EUDDR1801-en-silencio
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=60W9VXZKBGY
http://blog.nativedsd.com/producers-note-for-ricardo-gallen-en-silencio/
https://eudora.nativedsd.com/albums/fernando-sor-guitar-sonatas
https://www.facebook.com/NativeDsdMusic/posts/1676716932386708

g1lIQh5.jpg

I listen to this a lot - so many great songs - but especially one song stands out - track 3, Pour My Love.

Sounds like something Crowded House could have made, what a fantastic beautiful song.

do you recall where / when you got that Something / Anything DTS CD, fizzy?
is it discrete?

2 dtscd set from a friend who knew someone , etc.

Was supposed to be a quad unreleased type of disc/s but it has a full centre ch , so.....:rolleyes:

And yes it is DISCRETE but I think...... not quad.

you can pm me 4 more info.

Sunny 70 degrees Spring preview yesterday prompted a drive with sunroof open and windows down with UK - Night After Night 5.1 On DVDA at high intensity. Home: put on 5.1 upmix files for Love - Forever Changes from 24/192 files. Wow awesome right out of the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, a really good album and mix

One of the more note worthy news items with that disc is that Todd Rundgren actually mixed the 5.1 .:smokin

Now I have to wish he'd mix more discs in surround . He does have proven engineering skills I believe and has produced a number of artists music , so he would be a natural to undertake an artist's( or band's) catalogue for the full "treatment ".

Was listening to some Who yesterday via this disc.

Who -Quadrophenia Blu-ray

View attachment 32321

But I wonder if it's as good as the alternative album.:rolleyes:

View attachment 32322

A buddy of mine and I listened to the surround BDA of Quadrophenia and we were mocking the album's pretensions a bit (love the music, to be clear), and he pointed out that it's a rock opera about someone who suffers from "multiple emotions disorder."

Back