Listening to NOW.. Stereo FLAC download

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New release amped up version of Brian May's Star Fleet Sessions Deluxe.
32 Tracks. 96Khz-24bit. DR's are mostly 9's and higher.
The hook here is you hear a lot of Eddie Van Halen in a way that you have not heard before, less flashy, also includes Cozy Powell on drums plus a host of others.
R-27621180-1688861465-6354.jpg

Recent release 2/22/2022 Redbone-Greatest Hits and More!
DR's are 10's, 11's, 12's.
Nice quality download.
10 of the 12 tracks say Re-Recorded, not sure what that means?
R-23865830-1657655172-5227.jpg

I just played the singles and while not awful, but close, Eddie’s guitar sounds so out of place.
What I got out of the Star Fleet listen was it was a 3 song EP.
Must of been around the Sammy era as Eddie does a little notable lick from that era.
You get multiple takes of Star Fleet and Let Me Out.
Plus Jams and rehearsal tracks. Most of time when in studio talking it is the booth and Brian. A couple times you can faintly hear Eddie.
Nothing flashy, a one time listen, like so much, a money filler for the artist.

What I got out of the Star Fleet listen was it was a 3 song EP.
Must of been around the Sammy era as Eddie does a little notable lick from that era.
You get multiple takes of Star Fleet and Let Me Out.
Plus Jams and rehearsal tracks. Most of time when in studio talking it is the booth and Brian. A couple times you can faintly hear Eddie.
Nothing flashy, a one time listen, like so much, a money filler for the artist.
Yes, I sampled many of the new released tracks from the box set off YouTube Music. I’m glad I was able to listen first because, when it was announced, I almost placed a pre-order. So happy I did not. 😬😲

Doing some listening of albums recorded at Muscle Shoals Sound.
Cher-3614 Jackson Highway. Her first solo album, mostly covers.
interesting note, the building had no singage on the front at the time of the recording. The art department, back in LA?, added the graphics the sign and Cher.
The swampers liked it so much they actually added a real sign as you see today.
Expanded Edition 23 tracks.
DR's are 10's, 11's, 12's, 13's, 14.
R-1374721-1414585869-4562.jpg

Muscle_Shoals_Sound_Studio.jpg

Fleetwood Mac-Rumors-Live At The Fabulous Forum, Inglewood CA 8/29/1977.
Stereo FLAC 24bit/96Khz. DR's are 9's, 10's, 11's, 12's, 13's, 14.
Having many years of surround under my belt, I listen to this and the weak part is the audience, I wanted to hear ambient audience rears, go figure. Sound quality and stereo separation are excellent, but just seems to be lacking a bit of punch. Excellent songs and played in a nice live way.
How come Mick Fleetwood always likes to have that big eye crazy look? Him and Ian Anderson.
91ihg6TBhaL._SX522_.jpg

This is real good. Songs and sonic quality.
Jerry Lee Lewis-Killer In Stereo: Good Rockin' Tonight. Remastered 2023.
Stereo FLAC 24bit/96Khz. DR's are 7, 9's, 10's.
71zO5Vj6koL._SL1200_.jpg

Joe Satriani-The Extremist-1992.
Stereo FLAC-24bit/96Khz. DR's are 8's, 9's, 10.
When this was released I saw this tour at The Fox in Oakland. Bought The Extremist T shirt, wore it for years and years, sadly no longer have it.
R-1988907-1451215337-3852.jpg

Talking about downloads made me realize I should check out eClassical, which remains my favorite download site by a wide margin, and I picked up their new release of Schubert Impromptus on fortepiano for $9 - eClassical - Schubert - Impromptus

I listen on a Sony stereo USB DAC/speakers in my office, so listening to the stereo mix now. I appreciate the purchase including both.

This is a good test, I just spent the last 90 minutes listening to stellar ATMOS music.
Usually when I go from that to this, a stereo recording, the stereo feels a little lifeless until my brain and ears get things sorted out.
This new 2023 version FLAC download release, yeah, hands down best I have heard (I have 4 versions), great separation and fills the room like magic, for only two speakers.
Steely Dan-AJA, 24bit/192Khz. DR's are 14, 15's, 16's.
R-4753882-1374433634-9806.jpg

This is a good test, I just spent the last 90 minutes listening to stellar ATMOS music.
Usually when I go from that to this, a stereo recording, the stereo feels a little lifeless until my brain and ears get things sorted out.
This new 2023 version FLAC download release, yeah, hands down best I have heard (I have 4 versions), great separation and fills the room like magic, for only two speakers.
Steely Dan-AJA, 24bit/192Khz. DR's are 14, 15's, 16's.
View attachment 96822
This one is super transparent and analytical, great for upmixes.

The best-sounding version I have heard, all formats combined (and I have heard most of them o_O ) is the Steve Hoffman mastered CD.

Never heard of Star Fleet.
I just had a listen.
WTH were they thinking here? (n)
Star Fleet was an early 80's kids TV show from Japan (dubbed into English) that Brian's kids loved (me and my Brother loved it too). Brian took it upon himself to re-do the theme tune music for it! it was a kind of swashbuckling space opera episodic tale with puppets and models and explosions and creepy looking villains and massive robots and all that jazz 🚀👾💥🛸💫👽🎸🤖⚡

Recent release 2/22/2022 Redbone-Greatest Hits and More!
DR's are 10's, 11's, 12's.
Nice quality download.
10 of the 12 tracks say Re-Recorded, not sure what that means?
View attachment 93871
rights issues, they wanted control over their catalogue which they didn't have on the original recordings as CBS owned the rights to them, so the band re-recorded the Hits and released them on K-Tel or some shit label like that

Back