Look To Windward - In Fantasy 5.1 mix (FREE DOWNLOAD)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LTW

Hey all
I'm excited to release the first multichannel mix for my progressive rock/metal project Look To Windward; "In Fantasy".
This is the title track from my 2019 album which I re-mixed in 5.1 in anticipation of releasing my upcoming album in surround.

This is a WIP mix that I'm offering here for anyone interested in having a listen. Feedback on the mix is absolutely welcome and appreciated.

folder.jpg

5.1 FLAC 24/44.1
Google Drive download

Hey there! That's awesome news! Congratulations on releasing the first multichannel mix for your progressive rock/metal project, Look To Windward. "In Fantasy" sounds like an epic title track, and it's fantastic that you've re-mixed it in 5.1 format. Offering a WIP mix for feedback is a great way to engage with your listeners, and I'm sure many will be excited to have a listen. Keep up the amazing work, and I hope the upcoming album in surround turns out to be a phenomenal experience for everyone. Best of luck :)

I'm not really a picky listener...as long as...

Fidelity is superior
Surround mix is either, immersive or discrete.
Plenty bass content
Not bright/harsh

I found this very immersive, which I love. The fidelity was solid for my preferences. It certainly gave my Klipsch and sub a nice workout.

I did find that I wished I could hear the horn parts a little bit more. Though, a person wouldn't want them dominating!

Overall, very nice job. If I owned a title that sounded as good as this, I would be very happy.

Fidelity is superior
Plenty bass content
Not bright/harsh

I found this very immersive, which I love. The fidelity was solid for my preferences. It certainly gave my Klipsch and sub a nice workout.

I did find that I wished I could hear the horn parts a little bit more. Though, a person wouldn't want them dominating!

Overall, very nice job. If I owned a title that sounded as good as this, I would be very happy.

Exactly what I thought, I would immediately order your album in 5.1.

Last edited:
Reactions: LTW

Fidelity is superior
Plenty bass content
Not bright/harsh

Thanks for listening and the great feedback. Thanks to everyone that's taken the time!
Seems like a great community here.
Can't wait to release more. I have a lot of mixing still to do.

Back