Luther Vandross - Never Too Much (1981) Atmos BluRay SDE #22 (Shipping April 12 2024)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did and saw the same. Pretty weird.
Just went back and checked and our posts are there now; guess the review process takes awhile. But apparently still a mystery, here’s how Paul responded concerning the mixer (not Brauer apparently):

“No. I can’t remember the person’s name and I’m away right now, so can’t check the booklet to look at the credits. The mix is on streaming.”

I was shocked to receive my disc earlier today. Superb mix and the fidelity for both mixes is really sweet.

This more than made my day.

Thank you Sony and King Parralax!

Where's a poll thread when you need one!

My copy is sitting in the “sorting station” in Flushing, NY. Once they get through wearing their sorting hats it should be another 2-3 days to get to my mailbox. It should be waiting for me when I get back home from vacation on Monday.
Mine is in Chicago. We'll see if it moves during the weekend.

Listening now in Atmos.
Quite good, the best news after struggling with One Deep River and Dark Matter, many thoughts and opinions, this release is just plain good.

It is primarily a 4.0 playback, center channel mostly inactive and heights get tickled occasionally with chorus background singers.
I like it, it's simple and doesn't pretend to be what it isn't, even for this Disco Genre.

I don't know what the problem is on this moment with SDE, but recently there are a lot of problems with orders I think I ordered Luther on 12 of April straight, but till today there is no sign of them that they send out my order. As example I have 5 orders outstanding there two times Wham, Paul Young, Luther Vandross and the Pet Shop boys, can they not handle the output on this moment. The other thing is that they send out always first Uk and rest of Europe, followed by the USA and rest of world. Maybe they can better do it in line with the orders who came in first. Also no respons on email or chat either from their side.

Last edited:
I don't know what the problem is on this moment with SDE, but recently there are a lot of problems with orders I think I ordered Luther on 12 of April straight, but till today there is no sign of them that they send out my order. As example I have 5 orders outstanding there two times Wham, Paul Young, Luther Vandross and the Pet Shop boys, can they not handle the output on this moment. The other thing is that they send out always first Uk and rest of Europe, followed by the USA and rest of world. Maybe they can better do it in line with the orders who came in first. Also no respons on email or chat either from their side.
Allow me to ask. Have you reached out to them before posting this?

I placed my order for Luther on the day it was announced and received the disc a week later. SDE sent the disc promptly. None of this "they send out always first Uk and rest of Europe, followed by the USA and rest of world" rubbish as I'm located in Canada.

Allow me to ask. Have you reached out to them before posting this?

I placed my order for Luther on the day it was announced and received the disc a week later. SDE sent the disc promptly. None of this "they send out always first Uk and rest of Europe, followed by the USA and rest of world" rubbish as I'm located in Canada.
Yes via the chat function and email. And no rubbish, because Paul always mention on X they start with UK & Europe when the bulk is received

I'm in the same boat as you with three orders outstanding but I live in Ireland. I have received no communication with regard to any order. The only thing I can think of is the issue with Customs has not been resolved yet.

Listening now in Atmos.
Quite good, the best news after struggling with One Deep River and Dark Matter, many thoughts and opinions, this release is just plain good.

It is primarily a 4.0 playback, center channel mostly inactive and heights get tickled occasionally with chorus background singers.
I like it, it's simple and doesn't pretend to be what it isn't, even for this Disco Genre.
It's not Disco. It's R&B

Back