Mike Keneally's "Sluggo!" upcoming DVD-Audio release!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Given this is a limited edition, I thought I'd better order this for myself for Christmas....:banana:

Robert,

The same thing happened to me. Yes, you have to select FLAC when you purchase. I had to email them for the FLAC link. They sent it to me, but asked me not to share it. Since you already purchased it, check your PM.

Robert,

The same thing happened to me. Yes, you have to select FLAC when you purchase. I had to email them for the FLAC link. They sent it to me, but asked me not to share it. Since you already purchased it, check your PM.

Arghhh! Didn't even notice the option for FLAC..... Good to see them offerring FLAC,...

Listening to the MP3 now - can't wait to hear the surround mix....

The initial desire was to create a new stereo mix. Mike was getting ready to go on tour with Steve Vai when this album was originally mixed, and Mike has always felt dissatisfied with what he felt was a rushed mix. And since Mike is a surround-o-phile like us, once he had the tracks on his audio workstation, he decided to indulge in a 5.1 mix.

Now to blow my own horn a bit, if I may. Mike is a friend of mine, and when he told me about the upcoming reissue of "Sluggo!", I pushed for a true DVD-Audio release (as opposed to the DTS / Dolby Digital only release that he was considering). To that end, I put him in touch with our own Neil Wilkes who was involved with the production of this disc (I haven't received my copy yet so I don't know exactly how Neil is credited).

J. D.

J.D., yes thanks in deed for getting this to be a DVDA and for Neil Wilkes involvement as well.

Hey guys. How'd I miss this one?

Just ordered one of the '1000' copies. Will create a poll with all the trimmings when it gets in. Nice work, jdmack getting this to DVD-A!

Hopefully, the forum will give this release a lot of support.

I somehow missed this as well and just ordered. The releases just keep on coming!

Hey everybody. The 1000 copy version is the super deluxe version with the signed numbered Live at the Mama Kin disc. The deluxe version is not limited. It will be available on amazon soon as well.

Thanks JD. This is what is great about the site, I'd have missed this one otherwise, and I didn't realise he'd played with Zappa. Just ordered the standard version, better that the artist makes money than amazon. I'll probably get stung for import duty & VAT when it arrives in the UK though!

Mike is a friend of mine, and when he told me about the upcoming reissue of "Sluggo!", I pushed for a true DVD-Audio release (as opposed to the DTS / Dolby Digital only release that he was considering). To that end, I put him in touch with our own Neil Wilkes who was involved with the production of this disc.J. D.
That is special. Thanks JD!

Excellent! Ordered based on this thread and am loving it.
Something on it for all tastes, great surround mix too.
Needs a poll Mr. Urban!

My copy turned up this morning, fast delivery to the UK, ordered directly from Mike Keneally's website. I haven't managed to listen to it yet, just read the blurb in the booklet.

Back