Mike Oldfield "Tubular Bells" (limited-run SDE Blu-Ray with Dolby Atmos, 5.1, and Quad mixes shipping 5/26)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[...]

I also asked SDE to use IOSS, so we could at least get rid of the unnecessary DHL fee when located in the EU. His assistant assured me she would talk to him about it, since I wasn't the first person to mention it. That was way back earlier this year. Unfortunately nothing has changed (yet?).
I've just received a mail from Anne @SDE, and they are actually working on using IOSS, so there hopefully won't be any surprise fees and taxes from October or so for customers in the EU.

Is there any way on earth to obtain this gem without having to take out a second mortgage? Or is there going to be another pressing? I missed the boat by inches the first time around!

I'd love a second pressing as well... but with the quad fixed. My memory is that there was a ridiculously little amount of time allowed in the pre-order, and of course they caught me when I was extremely low on funds. Was really bummed to have missed out until I read that the quad mix was messed up. It certainly eased the pain of not having the disc to have read that.
Although I suppose the trouble with a corrected repress is that those who bought it in the first place would want replacements and that would be costly, so realistically, that ain't gonna happen. Ugh.

I'd love a second pressing as well... but with the quad fixed. My memory is that there was a ridiculously little amount of time allowed in the pre-order, and of course they caught me when I was extremely low on funds. Was really bummed to have missed out until I read that the quad mix was messed up. It certainly eased the pain of not having the disc to have read that.
Although I suppose the trouble with a corrected repress is that those who bought it in the first place would want replacements and that would be costly, so realistically, that ain't gonna happen. Ugh.
I’d say the majority bought it for the atmos, personally I couldn’t give a 💩 about the quad, played it once, the atmos is superb and can’t see anybody choosing the quad over it

Tubular Bells hasn’t reached the tipping point.
ff85466d7d8a82d5a27bcaf12ffaa3d2.gif

Back