Modern Day Multichannel Streaming Forum

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WozzaDog

I don’t see a dedicated forum for streaming. We have forums for media formats, but most modern day multichannel albums are only on streaming services.

How do we do reviews on these exclusive streaming albums one can’t buy as media?

Please Create a new Forum “Immersive Streaming” within the modern day multichannel section

I need help.
I don’t know the terminology for the forum top line / root fields eg

- Surround Sound Music Polls
- Modern Multichannel Sound and Systems

Within these two topics are forums people can post into. But at the top of Surround Sound Music Polls & Modern Multichannel Sound and Systems there is no dedicated forum to say

“Surround Sound Music Polls\Atmos Multichannel Albums”
- which discussions cover all formats or Atmos both on disc and stream only

Modern Multichannel Sound and Systems\Atmos, DTS-X, IMAX Enhanced & Aural 3D

The point is these topics get promoted to the top vs being subjects not correctly under their own root topics.

One link sent: Surround Sound \Multichannel Downloads and Streaming

This is good for tech talk but not album reviews or specifically systems. I’m seeing these topics as deeper down in the forums as they probably started there when the topic was smaller an an Atmos only Album wasn’t treated on par as s new multi-channel SACD.

My ask is bring Atmos Streaming and Atmos albums to the front of the stage on par as SACD, Quad Albums etc so if one wants to start a new post on a new Atmos album released on streaming only they can go to “Surround Sound Music Polls\Atmos Multichannel Albums” and post directly there vs digging down into multiple layers.

Asks;
Please create the follow two areas:

1. “Surround Sound Music Polls\Object Based Multichannel Albums”

2. “Surround Sound Music Polls\Object Based Multichannel Albums\Atmos Blu-Ray Albums

3. “Surround Sound Music Polls\Object Based Multichannel Albums\Atmos Streaming Albums

4. “Modern Multichannel Sound and Systems\Object Based Systems”

Last edited:
I need help.
I don’t know the terminology for the forum top line / root fields eg

- Surround Sound Music Polls
- Modern Multichannel Sound and Systems

Within these two topics are forums people can post into. But at the top of Surround Sound Music Polls & Modern Multichannel Sound and Systems there is no dedicated forum to say

“Surround Sound Music Polls\Atmos Multichannel Albums”
- which discussions cover all formats or Atmos both on disc and stream only

Modern Multichannel Sound and Systems\Atmos, DTS-X, IMAX Enhanced & Aural 3D

The point is these topics get promoted to the top vs being subjects not correctly under their own root topics.

One link sent: Surround Sound \Multichannel Downloads and Streaming

This is good for tech talk but not album reviews or specifically systems. I’m seeing these topics as deeper down in the forums as they probably started there when the topic was smaller an an Atmos only Album wasn’t treated on par as s new multi-channel SACD.

My ask is bring Atmos Streaming and Atmos albums to the front of the stage on par as SACD, Quad Albums etc so if one wants to start a new post on a new Atmos album released on streaming only they can go to “Surround Sound Music Polls\Atmos Multichannel Albums” and post directly there vs digging down into multiple layers.

Asks;
Please create the follow two areas:

1. “Surround Sound Music Polls\Atmos Multichannel Albums”

2. “Surround Sound Music Polls\Atmos Multichannel Albums\Atmos Blu-Ray Albums

3. “Surround Sound Music Polls\Atmos Multichannel Albums\Atmos Streaming Albums

4. “Modern Multichannel Sound and Systems\Immersive Object Based Systems”
Also add a tab in the poll below that is call "Object Based Surround". By the end of 2024 if not already, the number of Object Based Surround Sound Album releases will surpass all other sections combined, and by the end of this decade almost everting will be object based and the majority of posts on this site will be object based.

Warren

1683127468183.png

Attachments

• 1683127453567.png
    1683127453567.png
    533.2 KB · Views: 0
I'm not sure you realize how massive an undertaking this would be - each poll thread has to be created manually, and there are literally thousands of streaming-exclusive Atmos mixes. As @haikubass mentioned above, the (unpaid volunteer) mod team is exploring a number of ways to address this.

In the meantime - if you really feel a specific title merits its own discussion, just create a thread under the "Multichannel Downloads & Streaming" section. Here are some previous examples:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...n-wilson-dolby-atmos-mix-now-streaming.33987/https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...um-albums-1972-1975-streaming-in-atmos.33160/https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...rizons-pearl-jam-albums-in-dolby-atmos.31009/

I'm not sure you realize how massive an undertaking this would be - each poll thread has to be created manually, and there are literally thousands of streaming-exclusive Atmos mixes. As @haikubass mentioned above, the (unpaid volunteer) mod team is exploring a number of ways to address this.

In the meantime - if you really feel a specific title merits its own discussion, just create a thread under the "Multichannel Downloads & Streaming" section. Here are some previous examples:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...n-wilson-dolby-atmos-mix-now-streaming.33987/https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...um-albums-1972-1975-streaming-in-atmos.33160/https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...rizons-pearl-jam-albums-in-dolby-atmos.31009/
Understood, and I sympathize with this dilemma.
What would you do if suddenly thousands of Blu-ray Atmos discs hit the market? The same problem exists.

Im new here. I like here. I want to see album reviews on all Atmos albums not just the ones that have physical media. And Im sure others do too. In a world of equality are poles only available to albums on discs, and not on streaming? What an album being streamed now identifies streaming as a disc, as my neighbour is now a dog? Im joking obviously. But I raises good point that right now the polls are discriminatingly streaming media. A good example is you shared the moondance streamed album but there is no pole for it. I have the 5.1 bluray which there is the poll. I want to cross compare the bluray poll vs the Atmos poll.
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/morrison-van-moondance-blurayaudio.18268/

Im Solution Architect, and a very good one at that. Ill bet my technology inventions are in your home, and you may be using my innovations daily or weekly. To me problem / no problem, Ill find a successful solution. And lets not forget its a shark eat shark world. If the site doesnt align to "what is" then business gets left behind.

I just searched the web for atmos album streaming polls and look what I just found and clicked on in 1.4 seconds:

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/new-dolby-atmos-streaming-polls.33000/
What I just saw was a business opportunity to compete with this site. I didn't want that but any person wanting to build a website to make advertising money could run with this.

Anyway, Im innovative. Problem no-problem.

Good sir, welcome to the forum. It's a lovely place filled with all sorts of great info and a bunch of really cool folks. I'm not a mod, but - they're doing a bunch of work for free, on top of their normal jobs, lives, etc. Some have been at it for a long time, the forum has been around for a long time, and some of the ideas you discuss have been previously.
The thread that you found quickly had been shared with you up top. It discusses the current plan for the streaming atmos poll idea.
For now the best way to compare would be to find a thread like the Moondance streaming one that was shared above, or to create a new one. The "similar threads" section below also has helpful items.
Happy listening.

Understood, and I sympathize with this dilemma.
What would you do if suddenly thousands of Blu-ray Atmos discs hit the market? The same problem exists.

Im new here. I like here. I want to see album reviews on all Atmos albums not just the ones that have physical media. And Im sure others do too. In a world of equality are poles only available to albums on discs, and not on streaming? What an album being streamed now identifies streaming as a disc, as my neighbour is now a dog? Im joking obviously. But I raises good point that right now the polls are discriminatingly streaming media. A good example is you shared the moondance streamed album but there is no pole for it. I have the 5.1 bluray which there is the poll. I want to cross compare the bluray poll vs the Atmos poll.
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/morrison-van-moondance-blurayaudio.18268/

Im Solution Architect, and a very good one at that. Ill bet my technology inventions are in your home, and you may be using my innovations daily or weekly. To me problem / no problem, Ill find a successful solution. And lets not forget its a shark eat shark world. If the site doesnt align to "what is" then business gets left behind.

I just searched the web for atmos album streaming polls and look what I just found and clicked on in 1.4 seconds:

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/new-dolby-atmos-streaming-polls.33000/
What I just saw was a business opportunity to compete with this site. I didn't want that but any person wanting to build a website to make advertising money could run with this.

Anyway, Im innovative. Problem no-problem.
I don’t have any idea what it would take, but with your skills and desires, it seems like you’re a good candidate for a mod yourself. I’d start a discussion with one and see how it goes.

I don’t have any idea what it would take, but with your skills and desires, it seems like you’re a good candidate for a mod yourself. I’d start a discussion with one and see how it goes.
Thank you for your complements. I was thinking about the same thought overnight about how can I help out.

And yes I could start writhing Album reviews, but it’s the poles I like.

Thank you for your complements. I was thinking about the same thought overnight about how can I help out.

I'm not the speech police by any means, but I'm sure you mean "polls" not "poles"?
Carry on Sir, and don't take this as any sort of insult.

Around here, even if we don’t always compliment each other, we still invariably end up complementing each other. And there’s nothing wrong with a little Chopin. Or a little night music.

Such kind words.

I guess I’m complementing you complementing me, complementing Barfle.

Sounds like a Massive Attack Song Safe From Harm, featuring Tracey Thorn (Everything But The Girl) lol. My fav song of theirs. More complements.

Back