MOFI Releases

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Odered today from MOFI. Still Bill. I am not ordering any that are listed Coming Soon or Pre Order.
An issue I found with preordering Mofi SACDs from Music Direct (who charges your card upon shipping) is that my cards have been cancelled and replaced multiple times between date of preorder and date of release. You need to call them and update the card number over the phone to update the preorders. I wish it was easy to update card on file through their website, or better yet, allow PayPal for preorders!

Cannonball Adderley’s Somethin’ Else is up for pre-order.

Meanwhile I (im)patiently wait for my pre-order of Dire Straits’ On Every Street and Van Halen 1 to see the light of day.

https://mofi.com/products/cannonball-adderley-somethin-else-hybrid-sacd
That's a good one. I am sticking to my plan with MOFI if they are for sale now I will order, but no Pre Orders or Coming Soon.
There Pre Orders and Coming Soon are starting to be ridiculous, almost as big as what they actually have for sale.
SEE THERE SACD PAGE

That's a good one. I am sticking to my plan with MOFI if they are for sale now I will order, but no Pre Orders or Coming Soon.
There Pre Orders and Coming Soon are starting to be ridiculous, almost as big as what they actually have for sale.
SEE THERE SACD PAGE
I’m trying to live that way with them now because you almost start to lose track of what you’ve pre-ordered if you jump in on every one as soon as they announce it.

However, I will say I caved with the Van Halen to a degree. When they were first announced I pre-ordered all of them thinking they were imminent. Silly me. I should have known better by now. I cancelled the full pre-order except for the first one. They claim that will be the first one and it will come out alone. Had a wave of FOMO thinking it might be a huge seller.

My plan now is to pre-order VH one at a time... won’t order Van Halen 2 until 1 comes out. But my days of a long list of MoFi pre-orders are over.

I’m trying to live that way with them now because you almost start to lose track of what you’ve pre-ordered if you jump in on every one as soon as they announce it.

However, I will say I caved with the Van Halen to a degree. When they were first announced I pre-ordered all of them thinking they were imminent. Silly me. I should have known better by now. I cancelled the full pre-order except for the first one. They claim that will be the first one and it will come out alone. Had a wave of FOMO thinking it might be a huge seller.

My plan now is to pre-order VH one at a time... won’t order Van Halen 2 until 1 comes out. But my days of a long list of MoFi pre-orders are over.
Good idea.
It is extremely rare that any release from any outlet will sell out within 5 days of release announcement.
We on QQ get paranoid that we will miss out, but within 5 days highly unlikely.

SEE THERE SACD PAGE
Agree. The VH pre-orders are a joke. Originally announced as coming out in the fall of 2022. Well fall of 2023 is 5 weeks away... anyone want to bet if we will see a VH sacd anytime soon? I sure wouldn't. At least they aren't supposed to be multi-channel releases or the wait would be killing me. As it is, I don't even care anymore. If they come, they come. If they don't, they don't.

Agree. The VH pre-orders are a joke. Originally announced as coming out in the fall of 2022. Well fall of 2023 is 5 weeks away... anyone want to bet if we will see a VH sacd anytime soon? I sure wouldn't. At least they aren't supposed to be multi-channel releases or the wait would be killing me. As it is, I don't even care anymore. If they come, they come. If they don't, they don't.
Hehe, if the VH all come at once like the Dire Straits did (sans BIA), my bank account will take a hit since I preordered them all with Music Direct, and they don’t charge your account until they ship. I am anticipating them being released two at a time like the Eagles were and Joni releases probably will be.

As for the Adderley, I have the Analogue Productions SACD and am happy with it so will skip this release… unless the reviews are stellar.

Hehe, if the VH all come at once like the Dire Straits did (sans BIA), my bank account will take a hit since I preordered them all with Music Direct, and they don’t charge your account until they ship. I am anticipating them being released two at a time like the Eagles were and Joni releases probably will be.

As for the Adderley, I have the Analogue Productions SACD and am happy with it so will skip this release… unless the reviews are stellar.
I have the outstanding Blue Note Japanese replicated BD~A [192/24 resolution]

Japan Blu-Ray Audio CD Cannonball Miles Hank Sam Blakey Somethin' Else ...

I am anticipating them being released two at a time like the Eagles were and Joni releases probably will be.
For what it’s worth (and it might be nothing at all) the last time I talked to MoFi on the phone a few months ago, they said VH would not be coming out two at a time... just one at a time. I figured two at a time would be logical like the Eagles releases, but apparently not.

Would I bet money on what I was told? Not a chance!

I’ve called MoFi three or four times in the past for order updates and it feels like every time I get a different answer. To a degree, that’s fair as things can happen out of their control. It just makes me not believe too much of what they tell me.

Then we got into the whole conversation about what happens if you make a single order for multiple releases, but they come out one at a time. I was sufficiently spooked by that conversation to only pre-order one title.

For what it’s worth (and it might be nothing at all) the last time I talked to MoFi on the phone a few months ago, they said VH would not be coming out two at a time... just one at a time. I figured two at a time would be logical like the Eagles releases, but apparently not.

Would I bet money on what I was told? Not a chance!

I’ve called MoFi three or four times in the past for order updates and it feels like every time I get a different answer. To a degree, that’s fair as things can happen out of their control. It just makes me not believe too much of what they tell me.

Then we got into the whole conversation about what happens if you make a single order for multiple releases, but they come out one at a time. I was sufficiently spooked by that conversation to only pre-order one title.
NOT to mention, you're likely to be charged separate s/h charges for each shipment. $30 + tax + s/h for EACH shipment ...NO THANK YOU!

NOT to mention, you're likely to be charged separate s/h charges for each shipment. $30 + tax + s/h for EACH shipment ...NO THANK YOU!
But perhaps not. I received a MFSL SACD last week that was on backorder for the past year and a half. It was ordered with something else that was received a year and a half ago and MD didn’t charge me shipping on the one that just arrived, so that’s cool.

But perhaps not. I received a MFSL SACD last week that was on backorder for the past year and a half. It was ordered with something else that was received a year and a half ago and MD didn’t charge me shipping on the one that just arrived, so that’s cool.
This is where things get confusing with them... when I talked to the gal, she said that if I ordered VH1 and 2 together (or all six which is what I originally did) and only VH1 came out as she had been told, they wouldn’t ship it to me until VH2 came out at some later date since they were ordered together and there was free shipping as the cost of two titles hit their free shipping requirement.

So the paranoid part of me thought, what do they do with my VH1/VH2 order while we're waiting for VH2? Do they set aside a copy for me? Or if VH1 sells out, do I miss out because my order had to wait until VH2 came out?

But then, as you say @TuliaNonTroppo, you had a good experience in that regard.

It’s the non-clarity from them and different experiences we read about here that keeps me ultra-cautious and probably spending more than I should because I’m buying one at a time instead of having full trust that if I order all 6 VH titles now, they’ll 100% beyond a shadow of a doubt, get each one to me as they’re released and not charge me shipping each time. (My high school English teacher would be so disappointed at how long that sentence was.)

I guess it’s all theoretical at this point since they haven’t released any VH yet! :LOL:

Perhaps my case is different because it was backordered for so long. I totally get not preordering. The last ones I preordered were the two available-for-preorder Joni’s. I will get a few of the ones they show as upcoming, but it is the worst of the audiophile labels when it comes to reliability, so I just order when they come out now as well.

The MOFI can't possible be an improvement on the Analogue Productions SACD! This is a reference level mastering effort. Can't figure out why MOFI would be releasing this, when it hasn't gone out of print on the Analogue Productions store.

The MOFI can't possible be an improvement on the Analogue Productions SACD! This is a reference level mastering effort. Can't figure out why MOFI would be releasing this, when it hasn't gone out of print on the Analogue Productions store.
Ugh. I didn’t realize the AP one was still in print. I agree it doesn’t make much sense.

I hear it’s early 2024 now on the Van Halen MoFi releases. I know they have their SACD’s manufactured in Europe but maybe the delay is because they want to press the LP’s at their new Vinyl LP manufacturing plant that’s being built in Oxnard, CA.

Back