MOFI Releases

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear it’s early 2024 now on the Van Halen MoFi releases. I know they have their SACD’s manufactured in Europe but maybe the delay is because they want to press the LP’s at their new Vinyl LP manufacturing plant that’s being built in Oxnard, CA.
Don't know if you've ever seen the movie "The Money Pit", but there is a bit in there where whenever they ask the contractor how much longer the renovations are going to be, they answer "two weeks". By the end, after the renovation has stretched for many months, the homeowners once again ask "How much longer?, and the entire crew stops what they are doing and answer "two weeks" in unison.
Well, that's kind of like MoFi, except it's always "two seasons".

Don't know if you've ever seen the movie "The Money Pit", but there is a bit in there where whenever they ask the contractor how much longer the renovations are going to be, they answer "two weeks". By the end, after the renovation has stretched for many months, the homeowners once again ask "How much longer?, and the entire crew stops what they are doing and answer "two weeks" in unison.
Absolutely a formative movie for me!

Also worth referencing:
twoweeks-totalrecall.gif

Unfortunately for MoFi, the news for several new releases were leaked at the time. So, you can’t totally blame them for changing the date of release. If the announcement wasn’t leaked, we wouldn’t be having an estimated time frame.

Only, COMING SOON!

As of yesterday, (I placed an order for something else with Music Direct), I asked about my 2 year old order of VH1 OneStep, and where it was earlier hinted at a Sept. release several months ago, I was told it is now behind Hotel Californina and Cannonball Adderley, so I'd expect a Dec. release at the very earliest but probably 24/SP.

As of yesterday, (I placed an order for something else with Music Direct), I asked about my 2 year old order of VH1 OneStep, and where it was earlier hinted at a Sept. release several months ago, I was told it is now behind Hotel Californina and Cannonball Adderley, so I'd expect a Dec. release at the very earliest but probably 24/SP.
Thanks. I'm going to contact Acoustic Sounds and ask why they charged my card on a pre-order.

Yes, Music Direct is the way to go if you want to only be charged when it ships. Even the MOFI site charges for pre orders I understand.
I have spoken to AS about this before and they told me they only charge when they ship. And I have pre-ordered with them before and they never charged until it ships. Plus I ordered the other 5 and was not charged for those. That's why I was asking if VH1 was shipping.

Yes, Music Direct is the way to go if you want to only be charged when it ships. Even the MOFI site charges for pre orders I understand.
Regarding Pre Order directly from MOFI site, they do not charge until release date.
I pre ordered Greetings From Asbury Park, 4/18/2023 directly from MOFI site as I always do and it shipped yesterday and I was charged yesterday.
There is only one advantage to purchasing a Pre Order or a Coming Soon.
You will likely get a lower number on back of jacket.

I have changed the way I now deal with MOFI.
My thing with MOFI, is I can care less about the lower number. I do not order Pre Orders or Coming Soon, they will never run out there first two weeks of release.

Pre Order if you want a possible low number, not guranteed, otherwise do not pre order.

...and the pre-orders started almost two years ago for the OneSteps.
Agree. All six of the DLR era VH albums (LPs and SACDs) have been available to pre-order since January 5, 2022. The confirmation email has been sitting in my in-box since then. It's almost a joke. I'm not sure why MOFI wants such a looooonnnnggg pre-order window but it doesn't endear them to their customers.

Back