Moody Blues - In Search Of The Lost Chord (50th Anniversary set with 5.1 "manipulation" by Jakko Jakszyk).

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gosh, my thanks for keeping it real for us on QQ.
I'm probably just getting myself in deeper, but for whatever I said that bothered you I sincerely apologize. I don't want to detract from this thread. I absolutely agree it'd be sweet to get this title on DVD-A.

Last edited:
Hardly. Maybe not a cynic, just a realist. DVD-A's my favorite of the Hi-Rez formats, I wish it won and they'd make more. Definitely the easiest to rip.

DVD~A's my favorite format as well. But based on the DOFP recent remaster .... probably DTS 5.1 and of course the 96/24 remaster in LOSSLESS Stereo.....just like the Tulls and Fleetwood Macs.

I'm going to order this set tomorrow along with Marillion's Clutching at Straws. Me hopes the remaining 5 albums up to Seventh Sojourn will also receive 50th Anniversary packages as well. Pity they never considered this with DoFP last year. Shame those tapes are missing, but I guess I better start listening to the 1972 remix then - as I have been listening to the Original 1967 mix instead. It does seem like I'm missing out. :p

Maybe they'll consider repackaging DoFP in that format in the foreseeable future...

I'm going to order this set tomorrow along with Marillion's Clutching at Straws. Me hopes the remaining 5 albums up to Seventh Sojourn will also receive 50th Anniversary packages as well. Pity they never considered this with DoFP last year. Shame those tapes are missing, but I guess I better start listening to the 1972 remix then - as I have been listening to the Original 1967 mix instead. It does seem like I'm missing out. :p

Maybe they'll consider repackaging DoFP in that format in the foreseeable future...

They released a 50th anniversary edition of "Days of Future Passed" last year:
Passed50.jpg

They released a 50th anniversary edition of "Days of Future Passed" last year:
Passed50.jpg

Yes, I did pick this up earlier in the year. What I did mean is would they even consider repackaging this release into book format like what we will be getting soon in "In Search of the Lost Chord," but you already knew that, Ryan... ;)

Yes, I did pick this up earlier in the year. What I did mean is would they even consider repackaging this release into book format like what we will be getting soon in "In Search of the Lost Chord," but you already knew that, Ryan... ;)

Probably not, just because I think the reason for the more elaborate packaging this time around is because they had more material to include, hence the need for a bigger set.
They may go back to smaller deluxe editions in the future. It's really just down to the amount of material they have at their disposal.

:)

Who has this listed? I checked Amazon and they're not listing it yet.

Now that I can see the photo presentation better for this box set, it looks like one of the discs (live stuff, plus) has the DVD Video logo and the other disc (the 5.1 Mix) has the DVD Audio logo on both slip cover and disc label. So, I couldn’t see how the record company would go out of their way to print two different logos if this wasn’t the case.

Back