Multi-channel DSD export plug-in for Pro Tools

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bmoura said:
Right. It's part of the Philips ProTech Group's roll out of SACD & DSD tools & technologies. See the story on High Fidelity Review at http://www.highfidelityreview.com/news/news.asp?newsnumber=11278979 for a screen shot and more details.

That's something that can ease the release of sacd from the industry, it remains that i can't do my sacd-at-home while i can do a dvd-a. Even considering just the "stereo" argument, almost 50% of the 12" inch singles have a dynamic range that can't be fully recorded digitally on 16bit (audio cd). Live recording onstage don't need to be compressed to no loose something. For all that I can do dvd-a and i can't do a sacd. A Plugin for protools aims just to a small pro market, nothing more. Surely tons of "audiophiles" people that records live on venues classical or jass performances would be glad to have a way to transfer their hd recording onto sacd, but this isn't going to happen soon.
Until the sacd camp don't release some tools to do it at home, for a lot of people it will be just a locked format.

Back