MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray-A, Concert or Music-Related?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no clue. I won that Blu-Ray in a contest, and I don't think I have ever played it once.
Maybe your question will give me an excuse to dig it out and finally play it one day when I have the time! ;)

"Seeds We Sow" is, IMHO, one of Lindsey's best solo albums ("From The Cradle" is my favorite), so there's probably some great material on that Blu-ray... I might have to pick that one up!

Rage Against The Machine http://www.amazon.co.uk/Live-At-Fin...=1445185925&sr=8-1&keywords=rage+live+blu+ray

Crap mix once again. Crowd mostly in front speakers, no sense of the real size of the show, only some bleed, ambiance in rears at very low volumes. Vocals mixed too loud at times, some harshness in the mid range. The engineer could have at least put the crowd in rears, but no that is too much to ask, I am immensely disappointed.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Song

Uranienborg Vokalensemble

Elisabeth Hoite

Arrived home at 1am after the Steve Hackett gig to find the King Crimson Thrak Boxset (CDs/DVD-A/BD-A/V) & Steve Hacketts "Premonitions" Boxset (CDs/DVD-V) sitting on the doorstep! and this mornings post has brought from Headphonedust, XTC "Oranges & Lemons" (CD/BD-A), Gentle Giant "Octopus" (CD/BD-A), Yes "Fragile" (CD/BD-A), and Steven Wilson "Get All You Deserve" (CD/DVD-V/BD-V).

:cool: Working from home, but at a complete loss as which :51banana: disc to start with, what a brilliant day :banana:

Arrived home at 1am after the Steve Hackett gig to find the King Crimson Thrak Boxset (CDs/DVD-A/BD-A/V) & Steve Hacketts "Premonitions" Boxset (CDs/DVD-V) sitting on the doorstep! and this mornings post has brought from Headphonedust, XTC "Oranges & Lemons" (CD/BD-A), Gentle Giant "Octopus" (CD/BD-A), Yes "Fragile" (CD/BD-A), and Steven Wilson "Get All You Deserve" (CD/DVD-V/BD-V).

:cool: Working from home, but at a complete loss as which :51banana: disc to start with, what a brilliant day :banana:

That's great timing...since you just attended the Steve Hackett gig you certainly could render a great comparison with your newly delivered Premonitions Boxset...while it's fresh in your memory...

King Crimson-Thrak.......Yes-Fragile........XTC-Oranges and Lemons.........The Beatles-1

Mailed out Oct.29, arrived today, made me happy:

Gentle Giant-Octopus
Xtc-Oranges and Lemons

Had one listen to each and as expected great mixes from SW, on first listen the GG was the bigger surprise to me, very well done.

I've been considering Clapton...let us know what you think when you get a chance to play it..

Well, if you're a Clapton fan, this certainly is worth owning IMO. I'll dispense with the few niggly things that bothered this anal mind ;) It's a little pricey, about double the normal concert offerings from Eagle Rock. That is likely in large part because of the 2 cds that are part of the package, something I could have done without, YMMV of course. The video has a lot of black which appears to have a greyish tinge to it (and I have a plasma screen). And on Crossroads there is a lot of camera cutting (1-2 seconds) in the editing which I find seizure inducing. But that's the only song where that stuck out to me. All quite minor stuff really.

Shot in 1080i and placed on a 50gb disc, the audio codecs are 5.1 DTS-HD Master and LPCM 2.0. Make no mistake, if you don't like Clapton at his blusiest, this disc is not for you! I just love it. Great mix, the 5.1 is more than just crowd ambience in the surrounds. I have heard better, but not by much on a BD concert. The sound is fantastic. Vocals never get buried, and his guitar is always prominent which is what we came to hear, right? Nathan East's bass is right on IMO, not boomy but deep when it should be. Percussion and keyboards are also well done, cymbals are crisp and the midrange is hard to fathom it could be better. For a BD concert, I have absolutely no complaints about the 5.1 here. Outside of the minor black/grey complaint, the video is quite pristine for a concert. The band is stellar, Paul Carrack and Chris Stainton on keyboards, Steve Gadd on drums with Michelle John and Sharon White on backing vocals. And the afore mentioned Nathan East on bass, always a favourite of mine. And of course how is Eric's playing? It's the jewel in this concert, he's as good or better than ever. Apparently, 70 is the new 30 ;)
If you're a fan of the bluesy Clapton and don't mind the price, this one's a no brainer :music

Back