MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray-A, Concert or Music-Related?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This came yesterday...nice looking packaging...very professional..
005.jpg

004.jpg

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

I caved in today and purchased the new 4CD/Blu-Ray 50th anniversary edition of "Pet Sounds" by the Beach Boys at Grimey's in Nashville.
It's a beautiful set, and I can't wait to check out all of the content contained in the book, CDs, and Blu-Ray.
The Blu-Ray is well authored as a Pure Audio disc, compatible with Headless Operation standards thanks to the colored buttons.
I have 5.1 FLACs from the original DVD-A/V release, so I will compare some of them against the Blu-Ray to see if it's the exact same mix and mastering.
I have a feeling the mix will be the same, but the mastering could be different.
Stay tuned!

:)

I caved in today and purchased the new 4CD/Blu-Ray 50th anniversary edition of "Pet Sounds" by the Beach Boys at Grimey's in Nashville.
It's a beautiful set, and I can't wait to check out all of the content contained in the book, CDs, and Blu-Ray.
The Blu-Ray is well authored as a Pure Audio disc, compatible with Headless Operation standards thanks to the colored buttons.
I have 5.1 FLACs from the original DVD-A/V release, so I will compare some of them against the Blu-Ray to see if it's the exact same mix and mastering.
I have a feeling the mix will be the same, but the mastering could be different.
Stay tuned!

:)

Let us know about the mix as the latest Sound & Vision claims there is a "new" 5.1 mix that is superior to the DVD-A.

I've been working my ass off for the last month, but my birthday is coming up in a few weeks and I'm also taking a week's vacation, although I'm just going to stay home and relax and party and listen to surround music, so I just now went absolutely bananas and ordered all of these: :banana: :brew :smokin :banana:

155246_large.jpg 141082_large.jpg
152759_large.jpg 87692_large.jpg

New today. Kiss Rocks Vegas, from the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas November 2015. There is a deluxe set available for lotsa more cash, I got the blu ray + cd set for the price you see CDN. I'm just a couple songs in right now (on the blu ray)...no shortage of bass as you'd expect with one of their shows. Picture is awesome for a BD concert. Three audio options are PCM stereo, DTS-HD Master 5.1 and Dolby Atmos. I've listened briefly to the DTS track and it's okay, but I much prefer the Atmos track. I don't have DA so it gives me the core Dolby TrueHD in 7.1. Lots of surround action for a concert. The mix seems a tad towards mid and low end, I wouldn't mind if there was a little more treble but I'm nit picking. A fun time so far, just get used to the bass when they send a few explosions my way, awesome ;)
As always, YMMV...
Edit: on the blu ray, there is also a backstage pre concert acoustic set with 7 songs (stereo only)

Full concert review here: http://whysoblu.com/kiss-rocks-vegas-blu-ray-review/
image_zpsshdcqvy8.jpg

Ayreon-The Theater Equation Bluray

Finally got this and have only watched once but really enjoyed it. Must have been fun for those that were able to see this live for I think it was a 4 day run and pretty awesome that they were able to get most of the original singers together for this live presentation.
I was never a big fan of James Labrie's vocals on DT but really like his vocals for this project.
Anyone else get this Bluray?

Back