New David Gilmour record Luck and Strange Sept. 6 2024 (Atmos BluRay)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I did a knee-jerk reaction and ordered off SDE. I got burned before by waiting so my credit card fingers get itchy. Arrggghh! lol.
Oh well supporting SDE not a bad thing, I suppose.
I'm not an obsessive price-chaser—for example, I'll often preorder directly from an artist's webstore—but when one price is just two thirds of the other, I'd be inclined to cancel the higher priced order and place a new one at the lower price. SDE is definitely worthy of support, but I have to wonder how much buying a third party release through them really helps. I generally only add those releases to orders I place for their Surround Series or other exclusive titles.

As much as I love Pink Floyd, at $46 for the Blu Ray, I think I'll wait to see how this album is received.
With lyrics by Polly "we bitch and we fight" Samson and a producer who questions why there are guitar solos (and "graphic design is my passion"-level album art) I'm definitely keeping my money in my wallet until people have given the album a listen.

I do have to say that the Rattle that Lock tour is right up there. Especially the show at the Chicago Auditorium Theatre. Excellent acoustics and a stellar performance from everyone. David's voice at the time still sounded amazing.
The Chicago Auditorium show was amazing. Hopefully he will return to that venue someday.

Just listened to the single, should be here at around 9:20 mark:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_radio_two
Nice song, starts acoustic,.quite pastoral, then gathers strength and ends with a guitar solo. David's voice is not in bad shape, better than I expected.
Need to listen again to judge, but I liked it. A bit different from previous records.

I have seen David three times over 40 years and each night was fantastic and different. I prefer the first two albums and would love if he played even just one track from each but I don't hold out much hope, the setlist in 84 was great although hearing Echoes in 06 was the highlight of all. I have preordered the new album and the single sounds pretty good. Look forward to the tour announcement and see exactly where he plays before deciding where to go if I am lucky enough to get tickets.

Attachments

• 1000038618.jpg
    1000038618.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 1000038619.jpg
    1000038619.jpg
    606.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 1000038617.jpg
    1000038617.jpg
    949.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 1000038616.jpg
    1000038616.jpg
    641.4 KB · Views: 0
Now if they'd only do an Atmos mix and Deluxe Set of his first record, which was exceptional - and give it the same treatment Richard Wright's 'Wet Dream' got last year.
Didn't Steven Wilson remix it? If so, they should just burn it on the stand alone Blu Ray of David's new album along with Andy Jackson's 5.1 mix of Meddle & Obscured By Clouds 🌥️

Back