New Dolby Atmos BluRay discs from Rhino

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My tracking shows delivered yesterday but it didn't deliver here. Local mail screwed up and delivered it somewhere else. :mad:
Maybe maybe not. One trick my post office used to do is mark something delivered, but not deliver it until the next day. Hopefully, that's what happens here.

Well, mine is still at the post office, just sitting there. My local post office has gone down hill quite a bit in the last 10 years, and the current postmaster general's kneecapping of it's service speed isn't helping either.

Mine arrived yesterday from the post office. The discs and packaging all look good, but the delivery timing is bad enough that I probably won’t get to listen to them for several days.

After reading several bad reviews of both the Doors and the Fleetwood Mac discs, I’m worried.

Last edited:
Apologies if it’s already been stated, but… does anyone know if the 5.1 mixes on The Doors blu-ray are new or those found on previous releases?

My suspicion is they are new, created along with the Atmos mixes, but assumptions can be dangerous!

Well, mine is still at the post office, just sitting there. My local post office has gone down hill quite a bit in the last 10 years, and the current postmaster general's kneecapping of it's service speed isn't helping either.
Fortunately, I misunderstood the tracking. It actually isn't at my post office, but will be shortly. Oops. Should have it Monday. Makes more sense as that seemed awful quick for shipping via UPS whatever it's called Solutions. Still, the remark about the local PO going downhill stands, although I at least get my mail delivered. There's areas around here where delivery is spotty at best.

I love so many of the posts here and appreciate folks sharing their questions, thoughts, evaluations of all the product that's been coming out. I don't understand, however, why some people feel the need to post updates with regard to the shipping status/physical location of the disks they've ordered, though...

I got to give The Doors a listen Friday. Some of my findings mirror @edisonbaggins review on Life in Surround. Though I didn't have any clarity issues in my room/setup. The surround experience seemed to pick up with People are Strange and more or less kept going. As a more casual Doors fan, this will suffice vs tracking down the boxed set. Not perfect, but worth the money and I will certainly enjoy it going forward.

I'm still waiting for my April 6th order at Rhino to be fulfilled. 🤷‍♂️

UPDATE: Rhino, "Our warehouse is currently experiencing a high volume of orders, which has caused a backlog in processing and shipping. You will receive a confirmation email when your order ships."

(y)

UPDATE: Notified today, May 8, my Doors order has been shipped. 🚚

Last edited:
I'm still waiting for my April 6th order at Rhino to be fulfilled. 🤷‍♂️

UPDATE: Rhino, "Our warehouse is currently experiencing a high volume of orders, which has caused a backlog in processing and shipping. You will receive a confirmation email when your order ships."

(y)
That's got to be nonsense - I ordered a couple of items on April 22nd and they both shipped (separately) on April 24th.

This may have been stated before, but now I know why Rhino picked these Atmos releases. Rumours, Hootie, Alanis. They are some of the biggest selling albums of all time!
I guess I kinda knew that they were big, but I didn't realize just how big.
Scroll down and work backwards from #1 at the bottom
https://www.businessinsider.com/50-best-selling-albums-all-time-2016-9

That's got to be nonsense - I ordered a couple of items on April 22nd and they both shipped (separately) on April 24th.
My order for the WAR disc was placed separately about the same time as my Doors order but arrived promptly. I trust it will arrive, someday 🤷‍♂️

This may have been stated before, but now I know why Rhino picked these Atmos releases. Rumours, Hootie, Alanis. They are some of the biggest selling albums of all time!
I guess I kinda knew that they were big, but I didn't realize just how big.
Scroll down and work backwards from #1 at the bottom
https://www.businessinsider.com/50-best-selling-albums-all-time-2016-9
When I added Rumors to my Discogs, I noted that there were Seven Hundred and Twenty Two different releases of that album alone

Back